Welcome to our latest curated list of events, contests and awards for small businesses, solo entrepreneurs and growing companies. To see a full list or to submit your own event, contest or award listing, visit the Small Business Events Calendar.
Featured Events, Contests and Awards
Add Rewards Automation to Your Customer Feedback Program
May 28, 2014, Online
Learn how rewards automation can get more responses to your customer feedback or market research surveys. And we’ll show you how it works by giving away a $100 Amazon.com gift card! Best practices, most effective rewards and more – join us!
2014 Stratus Awards for Cloud Companies
June 02, 2014, Online
Are you using the cloud, helping to accelerate the development and adoption of cloud services? The Stratus Awards recognize companies of all sizes in various categories for their performance, innovation and results. Request Your Entry Kit Now!
Wells Fargo Works Project
June 30, 2014, Online
The Wells Fargo Works Project is a video or essay contest specifically for small business owners in the United States. To enter for a chance to win, tell your business story. Five small business owner winners will be selected from a pool of 25 finalists. The finalists will each receive $1,000. The five winners will each receive:
– $25,000 for their business.
– Business mentorship tailored to their specific business needs.
– A $5,000 donation in their name made by Wells Fargo to a local eligible non-profit organization in their community.
Wells Fargo is a sponsor of Small Business Trends’ CEO Anita Campbell.
Bizapalooza 2014: Planning and Profits
July 09, 2014, Online
Bizapalooza gives you a unique opportunity to connect with industry pros who really want to see you do more with your small business. Come as you are to this virtual small-business festival, then walk away with a fresh perspective, loads of free resources, plus practical solutions to fix what’s holding you back. FREE – and with freebie resources. Sponsors needed, too!
- 9th Annual PPP in Europe Conference
May 27, 2014, Vienna, Austria
- Business Associate Agreements: Why the Pushback from Business Associates
May 27, 2014, Online
- Wisdom, Wine and Cheese: Introduction to WBDC Services
May 28, 2014, Chicago , IL
- 2-day In-person Seminar on HIPAA
May 29, 2014, Online
- Market New York Expo
May 29, 2014, New York, NY
- Women’s Entrepreneurship Symposium – USPTO
May 30, 2014, Denver, CO
- Facebook Fit New York (Bootcamp for Small Businesses)
June 03, 2014, New York, New York
- Procurement Opportunities Conference for WMBEs
June 03, 2014, New York City, NY
- The Vistage Experiential Opportunity
June 03, 2014, Anaheim, United States
- How To Build a Year-long Business Growth Plan
June 03, 2014, New York, NY
- Brand Imaging – How to Manage Brand Integrity, Prevention of Oversaturation and Endorsements
June 04, 2014, Online
- Understanding FDA and Avoiding Warning Letters, Seizures, Injunctions and Prosecutions
June 05, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Health Reform’s Greatest Opportunities
June 06, 2014, Franklin, TN
- How to Develop a Set of HIPAA Policies and Procedures
June 09, 2014, Online
- Department of Energy’s 13th Annual Small Business Forum & Expo
June 10, 2014, Tampa, FL
- Italian American Chamber of Commerce 2014 Golf Outing and Networking Event
June 10, 2014, Chicago, IL
- Finding Balance in an Entrepreneurial Life
June 10, 2014, Nashville, TN
- NYC Business & Entrepreneur Grade-A Networking Mixer
June 10, 2014, New York City, NY, USA
- HIPAA Security 101: Revisiting the Rule and How it Applies to the Challenges of Today
June 11, 2014, Online
- Drive Your Business Forward Contest Hosted by Mercedes & Fast Company
May 31, 2014, Online
- The OFM Work Inside, Work Outside Giveaway
May 31, 2014, Online
- Recognition of Android Malware Patterns (RAMP) Competition
August 24, 2014, Online
This weekly listing of small business events, contests and awards is provided as a community service by Small Business Trends and SmallBizTechnology.
I really like the title: Wisdom, Wine and Cheese. It’s catchy. Actually made me click on the link to find out more about it. If I was in Chicago, I’d be tempted to attend. Reasonably priced entry too.
Me too. Being a foodie myself, I am always tempted to click on links that had that title. It’s a pretty interesting event if you’ll ask me. Unfortunately, I cannot attend it. Oh well… Just have to go with online events then.
It would actually be an idea for them to also make it an online event in the future if they could and had the resources to. I’d tune in. There’s obviously the matter of the wine and cheese not being available for anyone who’d tune in online, but then again that person could buy their own wine & cheese while viewing the event online. 🙂