If a picture is worth a thousand words, is a video worth a million? With the passage of time, it seems that online video is growing at an incredible rate. More and more people prefer to watch online videos than ever before. But the million dollar question is – with the growing popularity of video, does it really have any value for online business?
Recent surveys show that online videos have immense value on eCommerce sites, with 73 percent of customers more likely to purchase a product after viewing a product video. Product videos have been shown to significantly:
- Improve conversion rates
- Entertain and engage customers
- Remain cost-effective.
- Earn new business.
Well-implemented product videos can actually boost sales  and can aid success. Let’s explore ways to implement well-crafted product videos on your eCommerce site.
Your Category Pages Definitely Need Product Videos
As no one would light a candle to hide it under a basket, likewise, there is no point placing a product video on product pages only. The best way to make it reach its target audience is to include it on product category pages and site search result pages in order to promote them.
Showcasing Your Products-in-Action
Videos are meant to demonstrate how a product works, interacts, behaves and fits into customer’s needs. In that case, your fashion site can showcase a model walking, posing and giving viewers an idea of how items actually moves and look from different angles.
Such gestures help to demonstrate your product in a way that appeals to the target audiences. Always remember that customers love variations and easily get influenced if given countless options.
Quality of the Video and Production Does Matter
When it comes to business, you probably do not want to shoot these videos with your phone. A good production team is much better for quality videos. Business demands professional-looking videos that actually make the video appealing.
Not only this, videos should perfectly integrate the product details to make it easier for consumers to understand the products before they decide to purchase them.
Ecommerce videos give you a chance to produce a number of video tutorials that eschew the normal sales pattern in order to educate customers on various aspects of your products. Customers having watched the tutorials gets to know the details of the products and get their doubts clarified.
Videos are designed to answer questions. Moreover, videos should also split into various segments, so that customers can skip to the relevant section. Video content helps to differentiate your products from the competition and builds a strong brand identity.
Make use of Video Tools and Apps
- Animoto: Animoto  lets you create product videos with a variety of features.
- Treepodia: Treepodia  automatically synchronize with the product catalog to create videos and changes as and when you change the product catalog.
- The talk market: The talk market is an automatic video platform that enables you to create thousands of videos with a fraction of a second.
- Wideo: Wideo  helps you to create animated videos for your product demos.
- SmartShoot: SmartShoot  gives you access to hire a talented photographer to shoot your product demos.
- Stupeflix: Stupeflix allow you to create, trim, adjust timing and add custom transitions to videos.
- Videolicious: Videolicious  is an app from The Talk Market to create fast, automatic video solution with music library, trimming facility and video storage.
The Impact of Product Videos on SEO
Product videos have a positive effect on SEO, making product pages with video rank higher than those without videos. Check out how videos impact the search results:
- On site time: The more your users spend time on your site, the better for SEO. It has been estimated that consumers spend two minutes longer on sites with videos.
- Repeat visitors: When visitors come back to your site repeatedly, it shows search engines that your site contains valuable information. Forty five percent of consumers are more likely to return to a website with product videos.
- Social sharing: Videos are more likely to get shared than text messages. Social sharing is indeed important for SEO. Fifty two percent of consumers share product videos within three months and over 20 percent share 5 or more times.
The following factors determine where your product video will rank in search results:
- Metadata (video title and description tags)
- Data added
- Number of comments and shares
- Rating and flagging
- Incoming links
- View count
Here’s what statistics have to say regarding online video growth:
- 80 percent of visitors remember viewing a video ad on a website in the past 30 days.
- 46 percent takes action after viewing an ad.
- 26 percent looks for more information about the subject of the video.
- 22 percent of viewers visit the website named in the ad.
- 15 percent of viewers visit the company named in the video ad.
- 12 percent of viewers purchase the specific product featured in the video ad.
Remember – only video can answer questions about how products look and work in use.
Video  Photo via Shutterstock