Small business book lovers gather ‘round. The votes have been tallied and now it’s time to salute the winners of the 2015 Small Business Book Awards!
A huge congratulations goes out to the winners and to all who were nominated. It’s an honor to be one of the select few, out of the multitudes of books published each year.
The Small Business Book Awards program — presented by Small Business Trends — is now in its seventh year.
There are two parts to the awards: the Judged Winners, which are chosen based on merit; and a Community Choice designation, which is decided by the community.
And now, let’s have a drumroll, if you please. It’s time to announce the 2015 Small Business Book Awards winners.
Judged Winners – 2015
The Judged Winners were selected based on merit by a panel of expert judges. In addition to overall excellence, the judging criteria included: content, usefulness, and freshness.
- Economics: “Accounting for the Numberphobic: A Survival Guide for Small Business Owners” by Dawn Fotopulos
- Management: “Nurture: The Team Development Manual for First-Time Managers” by John Newton
- Social Media: “Kick Ass Social Commerce for E-Preneurs” by John Lawson, with Debra Schepp
- Startup: “The Tech Entrepreneur’s Survival Guide” by Bernd Schoner
- Technology: “SEO Like I’m 5: The Beginner’s Guide to Search Engine Optimization” by Matthew Capala
- Marketing: “Brand Famous: How to Get Everyone Talking About Your Business” by Linzi Boyd
- Motivation: “Motivate Your Team in 30 Days” by Bob Urichuck and Dave Urichuck
- Resources: “resources-2015/two-sentence-business-plan/">Two Sentence Business Plan” by Devesh Dwivedi
Community Choice Winners – 2015
The Community Choice Winners were based upon popular vote of the small business community.
- Overall Community Choice Winner: “Shine” by Gerry Lewis
- Motivation: “Ask More, Get More” by Michael Alden
- Economics: “The End of Employer-Provided Health Insurance” by Paul Zane Pilzer and Rick Lindquist
- Social Media: “The Little Big eBook on Social Media Audiences” by Cendrine Marrouat
- Startup: “Heavyweight Marketing” by Nikolas Allen
- Technology: “Digital Branding” by Daniel Rowles
- Management: “Decide” by Steve McClatchy
- Marketing: “How to Get Inside Someone’s Mind and Stay There” by Jacky Fitt
- Resources: Stephanie Barko, Literary Publicist
See the Slide Presentation for more about the Awards winners:
Meet The Judges
The Expert Panel of Judges included:
Daria Steigman, founder of Steigman Communications
William Bruce an accredited business intermediary
Melanie Forman, CMP, the Creative Director and Founding Partner of Connecting The Dots Virtual Business Solution
Simon Dunant, founder of digital marketing consultancy New Rise Digital
Brian Smith, Senior Managing Partner of Individual Advantages
Christina Bouza, Cofounder and Director of Content for CJ Creative Solutions
Martin Lindeskog, owner of Egoist International Business Coordinator
Professor M.S.Rao, known as the Father of ‘Soft Leadership’
The Judges were assisted by Awards Manager Ivana Taylor, and by Small Business Trends Associate Book Editor, Pierre DeBois. Rounding out the team were Small Business Trends CTO, Leland McFarland – and Small Business Trends Publisher, Anita Campbell.