Video marketing is one of the easiest, most economical and fastest ways to build your brand and generate sales for your business.
Gary Vaynerchuk’s posted a short, substantive and easy to read overview of why video marketing is so powerful.
I’ve been doing videos for a long time and while many of them are not well polished, a bit dorky and maybe even a bit shaky – my tribe (that’s you) enjoy and like them. I had not posted an inspiration video in a few days and someone said “Hey Ramon, I miss your videos”. Because of video my brand (and sales) has grown and yours can too!
Gary is the ultimate video marketer. While my buddy Robert Scoble birthed the world of video education, Gary Vaynerchuk birthed the world (as far as I know it) of using video to market one’s business.
If you look at what Gary has done and is doing – it’s pretty simple (deceptively simple). Post often, be engaging and educate. Smells a bit like “Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook.”
One of Gary’s latest pieces is a short but solid overview of why video is so powerful as a marketing tool for business. In this piece he also shares how the various social platforms differ in their use of video – Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube.
Here’s a short introduction of the article … read the full article here.
“The single most important strategy in content marketing today is video. Whether it’s video on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat or YouTube, the content you need to be thinking about creating and marketing on social for your business is video. Period.
No matter what you’re selling, no matter what your company does, if you don’t have a video marketing strategy for the biggest video platforms, you are going to lose. And in case you haven’t noticed, the platforms of distribution for video content online have shifted drastically over the last 18 months. Facebook is getting more daily minutes watched than YouTube, Snapchat’s daily views are now in the billions, and video on Twitter has taken listening and one to one branding to a whole new level.
Now, maybe I’ve scared you a bit, but don’t worry because I’m here to make sure you understand the landscape of all the biggest social platforms that matter right now. By the end of this article, you’ll have the information you need to kill at video. I promise.”
Quick Video Marketing Tips
- Audio is important — reduce background noise. Consider investing in a good microphone (clip on microphone or a “shot gun” microphone).
- Keep the camera steady — get a tripod.
- Have good lighting (natural lighting or buy a simple lighting kit).
- Capture video on your phone or buy a low cost dedicated video camera. Use HD settings.
- Get editing software (Windows Moviemaker, Apple iMovie, Adobe has various video editing tools and you can do an online search for more).
- Use a video editor from Elance, Fivr or other marketplaces to have someone help you edit video.
- My personal favorite — Work with a video professional (my friends Jimmy Newson, Multi Vision Digital, Clear Online Video are three who come to mind). These folks can shoot the video for you, or edit video once you’ve taken it.
Republished by permission. Original here.
Video Photo via Shutterstock
More in: Publisher Channel Content