We’re growing! And we’re recruiting an online marketing specialist.
If you enjoy marketing, love to learn and play around with new marketing tools, and enjoy working online everyday from your home — we have the opportunity for you.
This is a chance to work for a high trafficked website that is a leader in its niche. We are fast moving and exciting things are happening. And you could be a part of our team.
Here is what we are looking for:
This position is for a hands-on, fast-moving person who can help develop and execute marketing campaigns and activities, and use a variety of advanced marketing tools. The position reports to the Chief Technology Officer of a heavily trafficked, well-respected, small business news site. You’d be part of a good and loyal team who get along well and love what they do.
The position requires a working knowledge of how to use web analytics, email marketing and search engine optimization to drive traffic, conversions and revenue. Must also be familiar with advanced social media techniques.
Small Business Deals
The position requires spearheading of marketing initiatives to spread the word, increase engagement, generate public relations visibility, and drive traffic, conversions and revenue.
This is a position with one foot in the marketing world, and one foot in the technical world. Requires the ability to apply digital marketing concepts such as traffic analytics and SEO, and the ability to use (or learn) technical marketing tools.
You must be willing to roll up your sleeves and carry out a variety of tasks efficiently, with a smile. We are not looking for a consultant — we are looking for a hands-on doer.
The position will begin as a part-time position (20 hours per week), with the possibility of full-time advancement.
- Create detailed marketing campaigns and plans for special promotions and activities, in collaboration with others on the team.
- Execute marketing campaigns by being hands-on
- Generate reports to identify marketing opportunities and execute marketing activities, and report progress to senior management.
- Implement search engine optimization techniques under the direction of the CTO.
- Comfortable with collaborating with other team members in a virtual environment using tools like cloud document sharing, instant messaging and Skype.
- Use a variety of online marketing tools. Some examples include: Google Analytics; social media analytics tools; SEO tools such as SEMRush, Screaming Frog and keyword tools; Wufoo or other forms tools; LeadPages.net; WordPress; Yoast SEO plugin; and similar digital marketing tools. The candidate need not know how to use every tool, but should be willing to and capable of learning new tools quickly.
- Knowledge of Excel or Google Sheets, and the ability to create spreadsheets.
- Use of email marketing and marketing automation software (we use Infusionsoft — if not skilled in Infusionsoft, must be willing and able to learn).
- Some experience in online marketing, along with the ability to learn fast. Knowledge of the small business market a plus.
- Working knowledge of social media and the use of strategies to increase engagement and conversion.
- Must possess self-discipline in a work-from-home environment.
- Must be available to work during business hours (9 a.m.- 6 p.m., Eastern Time Zone).
- Must be enthusiastic about digital marketing!
- Location: Online. This job is performed remotely.
UPDATE: This position has been filled. Many thanks to all of the wonderfully talented folks that applied – thank you for your interest and continued support.
Marketing Image via Shutterstock