In about a month, small business owners and the companies that cater to them will be converging on the capital of the southern U.S., Atlanta, for a big event.
If you’re keen on meeting other small business owners and connecting with experts, then booking a trip there may be in your best interest.
Atlanta too far? Or too close to home? Spring has ushered in a host of new events nationwide that are geared at small businesses, specifically. Check out of expanding list of these events and more — including some contents and awards — in this week’s small business events calendar.
To see a full list or to submit your own event, contest or award listing, visit the Small Business Events Calendar.
Featured Events, Contests and Awards
2016 Small Business Book Awards – Nominations Opened March 2!
April 27, 2016, Online
Calling all Business Book Authors, Promoters, Publishers and Readers – we’ve opened up the nominations for the 2016 Small Business Book Awards! NOMINATE your favorite business books published in 2015 by April 27th today.
Small Business Deals
Small Business Book Awards – Voting Begins April 28!
May 11, 2016, Online
Voting for Small Business Book Awards begins on April 28, 2016, and runs through May 11, 2016, at 11:59 am PT. Voting is fast and easy. Once the voting period begins, simply visit the Business Book Awards site and click the red vote button. You can also visit on the “Categories” tab and select the categories you’d like to see. Then simply place your votes for the books you would like to see win!
Small Business Market Expo
May 21, 2016, Atlanta, Georgia
Don’t miss the opportunity to connect with small businesses, market your organization and tap into a network of entrepreneurs, service providers, financial organizations, business coaches, and franchises.
VIP (25% off)
DREAM BIG Small Business of the Year Award
June 14, 2016, Washington, DC
The DREAM BIG Small Business of the Year Award, sponsored by Sam’s Club®, celebrates the success of small business and honors its contributions to America’s economic growth. The Small Business of the Year, 7 regional finalists, and 100 Blue Ribbon winners will be honored on June 14 during America’s Small Business Summit in Washington, D.C. There are two ways to participate: 1. Nominate a local small business that’s making a big impact in its community. 2. Apply directly if you are a small business that’s committed to your community, employees, and customers.
- National Summit on Strategic Communications
April 26, 2016, Arlington, Virginia
- Marketing 2016
April 26, 2016, New York, New York
- Franchising as a Career, an Investment, or Both!
April 26, 2016, Benicia, California
- ‘CHAOS TO CONTROL’ Workshop for Contractors and Other Business Owners
April 26, 2016, Walnut Creek, California
- DesignerX – Seattle
April 26, 2016, Seattle, Washington
- SunDown RunDown & CCAD Student Business Pitch Event
April 27, 2016, Columbus, Ohio
- Get Motivated! Chicago
April 27, 2016, Northlake, Illinois
- Are You Protecting Your Business? Why Cyber Threat is a C-Level Priority
April 27, 2016, Cerritos, California
- LGBTQ Career Fair – April 27, 2016
April 27, 2016, San Francisco, California
- Increasing Email Marketing Effectiveness
April 28, 2016, Chicago, Illinois
- Webinar on The New Face of Factoring
April 28, 2016, Online
- Super Brain Summit
April 28, 2016, Online
- HackerX – Seattle
April 28, 2016, Bellevue, Washington
- SunDown RunDown Business Pitch Event Columbus – April
April 29, 2016, Columbus, Ohio
- ActionCOACH And Carl Shoemaker Presents… A Better Business in 6 Steps
April 29, 2016, Hackensack, New Jersey
- Martin Verni hosting seminar on Life Coaching Business Marketing.
April 30, 2016, San Francisco, California
- Medicare Conference 2016
May 2, 2016, Nashville, Tennessee
- Access to Capital/Lender Fair – Small Business Week Special Event
May 2, 2016, Oakland, California
- Risk Americas 2016 | America’s Premier Risk And Regulation Convention
May 3, 2016, New York, New York
- Essentials of B2B Marketing
May 3, 2016, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Conversion Conference Las Vegas
May 19, 2016, Las Vegas, Nevada
- The Ultimate Small Business Leadership Conference
September 23, 2016, San Diego, California
Atlanta Photo via Shutterstock