Small office and home office (SoHo) businesses face two big challenges when it comes to printing: the high cost of buying ink and the inconvenience of running out when ink is needed.
Brother, a provider of printing and imaging products, announced today that it has “virtually” solved those problems with the introduction of two new cost-efficient printers — part of the INKvestment line of color inkjet all-in-ones.
Cost-effective Printing at Penny Per Page
Priced at $199, the MFC-J985DW model prints in black and white for less than a penny per page. Color pages cost under a nickel each. A second model, the MFC-J985DW XL, priced at $299, comes with 12 INKvestment cartridges (three sets of black, cyan, magenta and yellow ink), which Brother says eliminates the need to purchase ink for up to two years, based on average monthly print volumes of approximately 300 pages.
“Regardless of the brand of ownership, SoHo customers haven’t been shy about expressing their feelings about the price of ink and cartridge yields,” said Phil Lubell, senior director of product marketing at Brother International Corporation in a release from the company. “The new line of Brother INKvestment printers all-in-ones were created so customers can spend less for more pages, helping reduce their pain point of printing costs while providing super high-yield cartridges.”
Features of Brother INKvestment Printers
Brother has equipped each printer with the following features:
- Scan to the cloud. Users can scan documents to services such as Google Drive, Dropbox and Evernote, as well as to Brother Cloud Apps, for storage and sharing.
- Mobile-friendly printing. Thanks to WiFi Direct wireless connectivity, users can print from almost any device, including smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop computers.
- Touchscreen display. Both printers come with 2.7-inch touchscreens, making navigation easy.
- Duplex printing capability. Brother outfitted the printers with automatic duplex printing capacity and a 20-sheet auto-document feeder.
- Dedicated support. Each printer has a two-year limited warranty and available toll-free technical phone support for the life of the product.
- Other features. Also, both printers are all-in-one (print, copy, color, scan and fax), print 12 black and ten color pages per minute, have a print resolution of 6000×1200 dpi, 100-sheet paper tray capacity and a single-sheet bypass tray for printing on envelopes and cardstock.
The MFC-J985DW model comes boxed with four ink cartridges giving it a total yield of 2,400 black pages and 1,200 color pages. The XL version includes 12 ink cartridges, which yields 7,200 black pages and 3,600 color pages.
Both models are available online and in Staples, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Best Buy, Amazon and other retailers.
For more information about the printers, visit the INKvestment website.