Scanova is a QR code generation platform that creates basic, non-designed barcodes for free. Other tools include an API, and QR SDK which can generate a high volume of static codes. It has a DIY design tool so you can edit color or patterns. You can add a logo but this is only available to premium subscribers. Click the Scanova.io URL or scan the code and visit the site.
Established in 2009 by Egoditor, QR-Code-Generator is one of the earliest companies to provide the service online. The company offers non-URL based codes that are free and will never expire. The Pro level lets you fully customize your dynamic 2-D code with your branding. You can track when and where people are scanning your codes and export the data in CSV reports. A neat feature: you can create an image gallery QR code. Visit QR-Code-Generator.com. Or scan the following QR barcode.
If you want a completely free QR barcode service, GoQR.me is a good site, but it is limited to static QR codes. The company prides itself in encrypting your QR code during transmission with TLS/SSL and not storing it. This ensures your privacy and that of your users. If you want a dynamic QR code service, it is available for a fee. Visit with the GoQR.me URL or use the following 2-D code.
QRStuff offers QR codes with more than 25 data types, and 23 of them are available in the free tier. The company also provides custom QR code printed products you can put on t-shirts, coffee cups, hats, and other objects. This is another way to engage with your potential customers. Visit QRStuff or scan the following.
Shopify Shopcode App
If you are a Shopify e-commerce seller, the Shopify Shopcode app helps you create QR codes that are tied to your Shopify store. Shopcodes can be placed in your physical store so people can find more product details or variations such as the color. Or they can be placed on e-commerce pages to provide more product information. Read: Shopify QR Codes. Or check it out by scanning this code.
The 2-D barcodes from QR Tiger give you 16 different data types. And you can use different patterns to create the image for the QR barcode. This includes adding your logo, millions of colors, and frames. You also get a choice of templates to give your code a unique look. Visit the QR Tiger URL or scan the following.
Do you want a different shape for your next QR barcode? Then, check out how Flowcode can customize design structure for your code for commercial purposes below. Flowcode creates round codes with a beautiful customized design and multiple data types, with your logo and other design details. And don’t worry, the shape doesn’t affect its ability to get scanned. All its tiers provide unlimited scans, real-time analytics, unexpired codes and ultra-fast scanning. This round QR barcode is from Flowcode.
This is one of the best free QR barcode generator sites. Codes do not expire and you also get the highest resolutions for print with vector svg, eps, and pdf formats for download. There’s also a premium version called QRCode Studio. Visit QRCode Monkey or scan this code to take you there.
Becaonstac specializes in proximity marketing using QR codes, geofences, beacons, and NFC. The QR code you create can be integrated with Google Analytics, accommodate GPS location scans, and provide Zapier integration. This also comes with templates, different data formats, colors and logo options. Here’s an example of Beaconstac barcode:
Unitag has an easy-to-use interface that will create a QR code quickly with lifetime code validity. This includes full customization of modules and allows you to add your logo. You get advanced scans, analytics with multiple QR code redirects, custom domain name and batch and API generation. Visit Unitag.io or scan the following code.
Best Practice Tips for QR Code Creation
Remember, the QR codes you create must be readable by other devices. Some QR barcode reader apps are touchy. Getting it right can be tricky. Here are best practices and takeaways for how to make a QR code:
- Make it Big Enough: The recommended size for a QR code is one inch by one inch. It can be a little smaller or bigger, but clarity is the most important thing.
- Be Careful of Density: Limit how much data you put in a QR code, regardless of its storage capacity. The more data, the denser it will appear. And the more chance for user errors, because some people will have minimal-quality mobile phone cameras offering limited ability to detect each marker and shape.
- Consider Advanced QR Generator Features: The more important your marketing campaigns and the more usage you plan, the more important it is to choose a tool with advanced capabilities. Free generators are great to get started but have limitations. When you get serious with mobile marketing or need custom QR codes, you will want an account on a premium platform.
- Look for Error Correction: Pick a good tool that will support error correction when creating QR codes. This is particularly important for a high-profile marketing campaign.
- Use Contrast: Pay attention to the placement of the image and choose a white background color. It’s important to have contrast against the pixels in the QR barcode image.
- Include a Border: Include a sufficient plain margin or “quiet zone” around the QR code to distinguish it from any background designs.
- Watch Image Version: Always save the QR barcode as a high-quality image. Use the proper graphic formats and high-resolution image files for print items. For print, a vector format, svg or eps formats are better than jpg or png.
- Do Testing: Test your QR code with your own mobile device. Do a number of scans, and get other people to test with a variety of mobile phones. Make sure the destination link is correct. Failure to test can cost you time and money.
Finally, consider adding a text call to action below the QR code, saying something like “scan me to sign up for deals” or “scan for more info.” This prompts a person to take action.
Are QR Codes Free?
You can create QR codes for free with dozens of tools online. Most of the Quick Response code generators on the web offer a free plan with limited features. However, you have to upgrade to a premium product if you want customization and advanced options.
Get Started Creating QR Codes
QR code creation is easy, fast, cheap and efficient. Small business owners take note. It’s worth experimenting with a code. QR codes are also now a proven technique because American consumers have finally caught on to them. Twenty-five years after the QR barcode was invented, its time has arrived.
One last tip: don’t overthink it. Get started, experiment and learn as you go. Pick a free generator to create all your QR codes. Take a few shots at generating codes until you find an idea that works. Create some free QR codes and test them on your target audience. You can always transition later to an advanced Q code generator.