If you are a small business looking for an affordable office phone system, Ooma might be what you are looking for. And with the launch of Ooma Office for Mobile, you will be able to take all of the features it offers with you no matter where you go.
Ooma Office for Mobile leverages the flexibility of the cloud to give small business owners the ability to run their business using a smartphone or tablet by providing advanced business communication features. More and more small businesses are conducting their daily operations on their mobile device, with many increasingly opting for mobile only solutions. It is therefore essential to have all of the features of office communications readily available when needed.
Ooma Office was specifically designed for small businesses to simplify communications while delivering enterprise-grade phone service at an affordable price point. The router is a small, networked-managed, secure Linux computer with the processing power to make and receive calls clearly and reliably. It uses high-speed internet connection along with cloud computing to deliver advanced telephony features.
Unlike the on premises Ooma Office platform, the mobile version doesn’t need any hardware or require the installation costs of other business phone systems. All you need is to download the iOS or Android version on your device and receive your business phone number to get going. If you want to port your existing business phone number or get a toll-free number, you have the option to do so.
The cloud infrastructure Ooma uses allows the mobile app to support up to 20 seats (or users), so even if you are a single operator, you will have room to grow without having to break the bank. The cost is only $19.95 per user, per month.
Ooma Mobile Details
Key features of the app are:
- A virtual receptionist to greet and direct incoming calls with business and after hours modes,
- Business grade features, including local and toll free numbers, voicemail, extension dialing, call transfer, music-on-hold, ring groups, conference bridges, multi-ring and more,
- Ability to set up the app to ring when your Ooma Office number or extension is dialed.
- Access to your account to allow you to update your preferences and check voicemail within the app.
- The ability to use WiFi to make calls if cellular service is not available, or if you want to avoid roaming charges when you are outside of your coverage zone,
- Display of your Ooma Office phone number when you make calls instead of your personal number,
- Ability to transfer calls to another extension, your work voicemail or to a coworker’s voicemail.
- 24/7 support.
Whether you are going to use it as an extension of your office, or whether it is going to be a mobile only deployment, Ooma Office for Mobile has a 30 day free trial period. This should give you more than enough time to determine if it is the right office communications platform for your business.
Are you a mobile only business operator? If so, let us know if Ooma is a service you might be interested in. And if you already use Oooma, please let our readers know if it has delivered as promised.