Despite the challenges women face when starting a business, there are plenty of resources to help these women entrepreneurs succeed in fields where there’s a lack of representation.
For women that want to get involved in the federal contracting program, one such resource is the upcoming ChallengeHER event. The event takes place on August 15 in St. Paul, Minn. And attendees can learn more about the federal procurement process and connect with the right people.
That’s just one of many upcoming events on the small business event calendar. You can learn more about ChallengeHER and other events in the Featured Events section below. And be sure to check the rest of the events at the bottom of this page.
To see a full list or to submit your own event, contest or award listing, visit the complete Small Business Events Calendar.
Featured Events, Contests and Awards
ChallengeHER for Women Business Owners
August 15, 2017, St. Paul , Minn.
ChallengeHER works specifically with the Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) federal contracting program as a tool to help to assist women business owners leverage federal awards, learn the federal procurement process, and to connect them with the right people. With this knowledge, you are much better positioned to grow your business and increase your revenue. Join us Tuesday, August 15, 2017.
September 12, 2017, San Francisco, Calif.
Finding better ways for teams to work together is one of the biggest challenges facing every company and industry. That’s why Slack is introducing Frontiers on September 12 – 13, Pier 27, San Francisco. Slack Frontiers is a two–day conference that brings together leading thinkers, Slack customers, developers, and partners to explore how the nature of teamwork is changing. Be among the first to hear about Slack’s newest products, learn how Slack improves work and workflow, and hear from customers about the ways their organizations are evolving.
Influencer Marketing Days
September 25, 2017, New York, N.Y.
Influencer Marketing Days is a forum rich in professional development and laser-focused networking opportunities. Whether you are a marketer involved in PR or integrated marketing, community development or social media management, or an influencer looking to leverage the power of influencer marketing, this conference is for you! It is the must-attend event both for marketers responsible for their company’s influencer marketing campaigns, and for influencers looking to optimize monetization of their clout. Whether you already run influencer marketing campaigns or you’re investigating ways to leverage this powerful type of marketing, Influencer Marketing Days will equip, educate, and inspire you to make the most of your efforts.
October 04, 2017, Santa Barbara, Calif.
ONTRApalooza is a three-day conference for entrepreneurs, marketers and business leaders packed to the brim with hands-on workshops, in-depth software sessions, and inspiring keynotes from leading experts. Join in on Oct. 4 – 6, 2017 to learn the strategies that are getting results now. Leave prepared to make a bigger impact.
Rule Breaker Awards Ceremony
October 24, 2017, Scottsdale, Ariz.
On October 24, 2017 at the Talking Stick Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, the Rule Breaker Awards will honor and celebrate those entrepreneurs who have succeeded by doing it their way in a ceremony featuring the Rule Breaker of the Year and Rule Breaker Award winners.
October 23, 2017, Scottsdale, Ariz.
At NextCon, you’ll gain:
– Proven techniques to garner higher customer satisfaction.
– Insider strategies from leading experts to help you provide amazing customer service.
– Methods of engaging your employees to better deliver on your customer experience.
– Hands-on training with Nextiva’s technology and products so you can take advantage of tools you already have, or learn about new ones.
Sales World 2017
November 08, 2017, Online
Sales World 2017 takes place November 8th to 9th, 2017, Online; Live and On Demand. It is the largest Sales Industry Event in the World and will be attended by over 10,000 Sales Professionals. It’s the one sales event you can’t afford to miss!
DIGIMARCON WORLD 2017 – Digital Marketing Conference
November 14, 2017, Online
DIGIMARCON WORLD 2017 Digital Marketing Conference takes place November 14th to 16th, 2017. Whether your goal is to reinforce customer loyalty, improve lead generation, increase sales, or drive stronger consumer engagement, DIGIMARCON WORLD 2017’s agenda will help attendees enhance their marketing efforts. Sessions will focus on building traffic, expanding brand awareness, improving customer service and gaining insight into today’s latest digital tools.
- Tourism and Trade for 2018 in South Florida
August 08, 2017, Doral, Fla.
- Webinar: What You Need to Know About Complex Survey Design
August 08, 2017, Online
- Manila Philippines: FREE Home Business Start-up Seminars
August 08, 2017, Manila, Philippines
- Oklahoma City, OK: FREE Home Business Start-up Seminars
August 08, 2017, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- How to Conduct Effective Meetings
August 09, 2017, Online
- Commercial Real Estate from A to Z
August 09, 2017, North Miami, Fla.
- Revenue Recognition Summit 2017
August 09, 2017, Burlingame, Calif.
- Washington, DC: FREE Home Business Start-up Seminars
August 09, 2017, Washington D.C.
- Why Having a Mobile App is Good for Business August 10, 2017
August 10, 2017, Doral, Fla.
- B2B SEO Lead Generation Training | Redwood City | Aug 10th
August 10, 2017, Redwood City, Calif.
- Tulsa, OK: FREE Home Business Start-up Seminars
August 10, 2017, Tulsa, Okla.
- Funding a Business Application Deadline
August 11, 2017, Oakland, Calif.
- QUICKBOOKS for Business Course | August 12
August 12, 2017, Doral, Fla.
- Tax Wise Workshop
August 14, 2017, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Uptima Presents: You & Your Money – A New Relationship
August 14, 2017, San Francisco, Calif.
- Real Estate Investors Tax Workshop
August 14, 2017, Online
- New York: Build a Career You Love
August 15, 2017, New York, N.Y.
- Search Engine Optimization SEO Seminar | August 15
August 15, 2017, DORAL, Fla.
- WordPress Hands On Classes | August 19
August 15, 2017, Doral, Fla.
- EEO-1 Reporting And Pay Discrimination -BY AtoZ Compliance.
August 16, 2017, Online
- Modern ONTRAPRENEUR
August 18, 2017, Online
- Small Business Expo 2017 – Houston
October 19, 2017, Online
- The 16th Annual Chicago Innovation Awards
October 30, 2017, Chicago, Ill.
- Sustainable Brands’17
November 30, 2017, Multiple Cities
This weekly listing of small business events, contests and awards is provided as a community service by Small Business Trends.
Women in business photo via ShutterstockMore in: Women Entrepreneurs