The one prevailing theme during the COVID-19 outbreak when it comes to events is the move to virtual presentations. Even though states are starting to slowly open up, it will take some time before conferences are back to the way they were.
With that in mind, here are some webinars you can attend from the comfort of your own home to address some of the challenges you are more than likely facing as a small business owner. One in particular looks at a challenge many small businesses will face very soon.
You will eventually reopen your business. And when you do, you want to make sure you have thought of everything. On Friday, May 8, 2020, you can attend the Reopening Your Business: Things You May Not Have Considered webinar.
Starting at 2 pm ET, the webinar will cover financial issues like the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and cash flow; marketing your business to alleviate customers’ concerns; re-designing sales floor layout to accommodate social distancing; bringing back staff, hiring new staff and keeping them safe; alternative business opportunities and tactics (delivery, curbside pick-up, virtual, social media, etc.) and more.
Click the red button to register.
Featured Events, Contests and Awards
- TECHSPO New York 2020
May 07, 2020, New York City, NY
- ACES Conference 2020: The Prequel
May 19, 2020, Online
- TECHSPO Houston 2020
May 20, 2020, Houston, Texas
- Sales Cruise 2020
May 23, 2020, Baltmore, Md.
- DigiMarCon Caribbean 2020 – Digital Marketing Conference At Sea
May 23, 2020, Baltimore, Md.
- Predictive Analytics World for Business Virtual Edition 2020
May 31, 2020, Online
- Marketing Analytics Summit – Las Vegas 2020
June 01, 2020, Las Vegas, Nev.
- DigiMarCon West 2020 – Digital Marketing Conference & Exhibition
June 10, 2020, Santa Monica, Calif.
- TECHSPO Los Angeles 2020
June 10, 2020, Santa Monica, Calif.
- DigiMarCon America 2020 – Digital Marketing Conference
June 16, 2020, Online
- DigiMarCon Midwest 2020 – Digital Marketing Conference & Exhibition
June 17, 2020, Chicago, Ill.
- World-Famous HR Technology Event, Oct. 2020
October 13, 2020, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Creative Operations San Francisco 2020
October 14, 2020, San Francisco, Calif.
- Miami’s Largest MBA Event! QS MBA Tour
October 20, 2020, Online
- Atlanta’s Largest MBA Event! QS MBA Tour
October 22, 2020, Atlanta, Ga.
- Houston’s Largest MBA Event! QS MBA Tour
October 24, 2020, Houston, Texas
- Austin’s Largest MBA Event! QS MBA Tour
October 26, 2020, Austin, Texas
- Salt Lake City’s Largest MBA Event! QS MBA Tour
October 31, 2020, Austin, Texas
- Denver’s Largest MBA Event! QS MBA Tour
November 02, 2020, Denver, Colo.
- San Jose’s Largest MBA Event! QS MBA Tour
November 05, 2020, San Jose, Calif.
This weekly listing of small business events, contests and awards is provided as a community service by Small Business Trends.
You can see a full list of events, contest and award listings or post your own events by visiting the Small Business Events Calendar.
The issues relating to reopening are very complex. One thing business owners need to be prepared for is the wide variety of responses they’ll receive from employees when they invite them back to work. They might be surprised when some refuse because they are making more money in unemployment benefits and pandemic unemployment assistance than they do in pay at their jobs because the CARES Act temporarily provides an additional $600 per week to people who have been approved by their state for unemployment insurance. Parents with school-aged children may be reluctant to return because schools and daycares aren’t reopened. How you respond to these employee issues is very important.
For most countries, the quarantine is somehow coming to an end an they are finding ways on how they can live their normal lives. So it is very important to have a system for this before you even reopen your business.