If there is anything the lockdown has shown, it is the importance of technology. And the technologies people used to work, communicate and play are the result of STEM-based education. And the Executives’ Club of Chicago is looking to get more girls in those fields with the annual Women in Technology Forum event.
Degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) are still dominated by males. This is despite the fact more female students are taking up these courses than ever.
However, more needs to be done to bring in more girls when they are young. The goal of this event is to inspire young girls with female tech executives, founders, non-profit leaders, and advocates.
They will discuss how communities can support and encourage female tech talent starting in the classroom all the way into their career.
You can attend the event Wednesday, July 15, 2020, from 4-5 p.m. on Zoom.
Click the red button and register now.
Featured Events, Contests and Awards
20 Hacks to Get ‘er Done with Virtual Teams
July 7, 2020, Online
Everybody has discovered the benefits of working virtually. But did you know that hiring an outsourced contractor is different from hiring an employee? Join us live on Facebook on Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. ET to learn where and how to find remote workers to build the right team, dos and don’ts for interviewing remote workers, how to manage people you’ve never met in person and much more. BONUS: Send us your best hack for working with a virtual team and we just might invite you to come and join us live during the event! Share it here: https://zfrmz.com/BySrTfaFDNvIWUgouC3A
Fostering Girls in STEM to be Women in Tech
July 15, 2020, Chicago, IL
How can we create an environment, in both schools and businesses, which encourages women to enter and advance in the tech field? This event will focus on opportunities in Chicago to engage young girls in STEM education and prepare them for studies and careers in technology. Whether you are a parent, child, manager, or CEO – our discussion will bring relevant insight for all.
Small Business Expo 2020 – BOSTON
August 13, 2020, Boston, Massachusetts
Small Business Expo is the most anticipated business-to-business networking & educational event, trade show & conference for business owners, entrepreneurs, start-ups, decision-makers or anyone who works for a small business or is interested in starting a Small Business. Small Business Expo is a FREE one-day event to attend for small businesses to network, attend great business-growth workshops, build new business relationships, exchange ideas, shop from new vendors and learn from leading industry experts.
- VIRTUAL – Pride Month: LGBTQ+ Representation in Tech
June 30, 2020, Online
- VIRTUAL – 5G & The Future of Real Time Sports
July 1, 2020, Online
- VIRTUAL – Future of Immersive Experiences
July 8, 2020, Online
- VIRTUAL – Take The Lead: Scaling Your Startup Proactively
July 9, 2020, Online
- VIRTUAL – Reimagining the Workplace with Electric: Collaboration & Communication
July 15, 2020, Online
- ACES Summit
August 11, 2020, Washington, DC
- Digital Marketing Transformation Virtual Assembly – August 2020
August 25, 2020, Online
- Small Business Expo 2020 – PHOENIX
October 1, 2020, Phoenix
- World-Famous HR Technology Event, Oct. 2020
October 13, 2020, Las Vegas
- Creative Operations San Francisco 2020
October 14, 2020, San Francisco
- Miami’s Largest MBA Event! QS MBA Tour
October 20, 2020, Online
- Small Business Expo 2020 – CHICAGO
October 20, 2020, Chicago
- Atlanta’s Largest MBA Event! QS MBA Tour
October 22, 2020, Atlanta
- Houston’s Largest MBA Event! QS MBA Tour
October 24, 2020, Houston
- Austin’s Largest MBA Event! QS MBA Tour
October 26, 2020, Austin, Texas
- Small Business Expo 2020 – PHILADELPHIA
October 28, 2020, Philadelphia
- Salt Lake City’s Largest MBA Event! QS MBA Tour
October 31, 2020, Austin, Texas
- Denver’s Largest MBA Event! QS MBA Tour
November 2, 2020, Denver
- San Jose’s Largest MBA Event! QS MBA Tour
November 5, 2020, San Jose, California
- San Diego’s Largest MBA Event! QS MBA Tour
November 7, 2020, San Diego
This weekly listing of small business events, contests and awards is provided as a community service by Small Business Trends.
You can see a full list of events, contest and award listings or post your own events by visiting the Small Business Events Calendar.