Buying bulk dish soap is certainly the way to go especially If you run a restaurant, a coffee shop, a food truck, or just any other business that requires regular dishwashing. There are tons of dish soaps in the market. The confusing part – they come in different colors, sizes, and compositions.
Some even claim to be eco-friendly, and so on. When running a commercial kitchen, one of your top needs is a soap that can cut through the grease and grime while smelling good.
Your choice of soap should easily clean dishes caked in hours-old egg yolk or last night’s lasagna.
To save you time, we have compiled a shortlist of the best bulk dish soap for your business.
Best Bulk Dish Soap
- Top Pick: Original Dawn Dishwashing Liquid
- Runner Up: Palmolive OXY Professional Dish Soap
- Best Value: Dawn Ultra Dishwashing Liquid
Dawn Professional Dishwashing Liquid
Top Pick: If you are looking for a dependable bulk dishwashing liquid that can power through tough commercial kitchen grease then you should check out the Dawn Professional Dishwashing Liquid. This 5 gallon Dawn dish soap boasts a strong formula that easily eliminates grease leaving you with squeaky clean dishes, pans, and pots. You can also use this multipurpose soap to pretreat stains on clothes, clean greasy kitchen surfaces, and remove grease and oil from metals. The long-lasting suds can also help reduce sink changeover.
Small Business Deals
Palmolive OXY Professional Dish Soap
Runner Up: The Palmolive OXY Professional dish soap is a highly concentrated formula that easily tackles and cleans the toughest grease. Thanks to its grease-cutting abilities, you can use this professional dish soap to clean windows, countertops, tables, mirrors, and more. It is also phosphate-free.
Dawn Ultra Dishwashing Liquid
Best Value: Think about the best car. Now think of the performance that you get with the car of your choice. That’s what Dawn Ultra dishwashing liquid is all about. This luxurious and extremely thick dish soap offers super-long-lasting suds. It also has no trouble cutting through the grease in and out of your sink. You certainly want Dawn in your corner if you run a commercial kitchen.
Ultra Shine Platinum Dish Soap
If you regularly have to deal with greasy dishes and tough stains, you certainly need to consider the Ultra Shine Platinum Dish Soap. This bulk dishwashing liquid is formulated to cut the grease and you can also use it for general cleaning such as cleaning greasy ovens. The soap is gentle on the hands as it does not contain any harmful ingredients like parabens or phosphate. This 5-gallon liquid dish soap also comes with a pump for easy dispensing.
Seventh Generation Dish Soap
The Seventh Generation Dish Soap is a plant-based formula that’s tough on dirt but gentle on the hands. This soap does not use dyes, phosphates, triclosan, or fragrances, but still does a great job cutting through grease and tough residue. The safe and effective formula is 100 percent biodegradable and is EPA Safer Choice Certified, USDA Certified, and B Corp Certified.
Palmolive Original Dishwashing Liquid
This 5 gallon Palmolive original uses special ingredients that easily cut through grease, making it a great ally to have in your commercial kitchen. Thanks to the thick, rich formula, one tub of this original Palmolive dish soap can clean up to 35,000 dishes. It is also pH balanced and phosphate-free and can be used for routine manual cleaning or as a pre-soak for heavily soiled items.
Joy Professional Dishwashing Soap
This lemon-scented bulk dishwashing liquid does a great job as a degreaser. It is certainly tough on grease and sensitive on the skin. One pack contains four 1-gallon liquid dishwashing soaps. This certainly makes it a great purchase if you run a commercial restaurant.
What to Look for When Buying Bulk Dish Soap
Buying dish soap for your business should not just be about the amount of soap, it should also be about the cleaning ability. Dishwashing liquids such as Dawn are used to clean just about everything from dishes to ducks. Thanks to its degreasing power, Dawn dish soap is used to clean up just about anything covered with oil. All the while, it also features another important element – it is gentle on the hands. And while these are important elements, here are some more features that you should consider when looking for the best bulk dish soap.
- Smell and Appearance: Most dishwashing soaps will have a little bit of fragrance added to match the clean sparkles. Some soaps will have stronger scents than others. For people that are allergic to scents, hypoallergenic soaps are certainly a good option.
- Cleaning Ability: You need a reliable cleaning partner when running a commercial kitchen. Make sure that your preferred soap has strong grease-cutting abilities. A good soap should be able to beat the grease on your dishes and through the whole sink system.
- Long-lasting Foam: This is pretty straightforward. Long-lasting suds can help you save both water and money.
- Price: This shouldn’t be the only consideration, but if you are running a commercial kitchen you need to find the best soap at the best price.
- Ingredients: You certainly should make sure that your preferred dish soap does not contain any harmful ingredients. Most of the soaps that we reviewed are pH balanced and phosphate-free. If you would like to take this a notch higher, there are a good number of soaps that use a plant-based formula such as the Seventh Generation dish soap.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
More in: Small Business Essentials