Non-fungible tokens or NFTs are digital assets that exist on a blockchain. They can represent anything from virtual products to real-world assets. Because of their unique properties, NFTs have become popular among collectors and investors. This article discusses the best places to buy and sell them, along with offering tips on how to choose the right NFT marketplace.
What are NFT Marketplaces?
Simply put, NFT marketplaces are online platforms where you can buy an NFT and sell NFTs. Most NFT marketplaces allow users to trade NFTs in a secure and decentralized way. Additionally, you can find a few that allow people to mint NFTs on their platforms.
How to Choose the Right NFT Marketplace
With the recent surge in popularity of NFTs, there are now many different marketplaces to choose from. Part of choosing the right one will largely depend on what you’re looking to do. For instance, do you want to sell NFTs and buy NFTs? Or, like many NFT owners, are you perhaps looking to do both? Either way, choosing what one to use out of the top NFT marketplaces can be a bit difficult.
So, how do you know which one is right for you? Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- How They Verify their Users: The top NFT marketplaces have two-factor authentication in place to make your NFTs more secure. Also, they store their user’s data securely. Don’t use other NFT marketplaces that don’t go this extra mile to safeguard your digital assets.
- Security: As with all digital assets make sure to protect your passwords and wallets.
- Ratings: The marketplace should have good ratings from users. Places you can check include TrustPilot and Google Reviews.
- Which Token is Their Standard? There are many different tokens available. Do you have a preference for what type is used? Consider this question carefully before deciding to move forward.
- Price Discovery is Huge: If the marketplace doesn’t have a price discovery feature, you should skip it. After all, this is the best way for sellers to find out what price they can expect for their NFTs. It also helps buyers make an informed decision.
- Fractionalized Tokens: Would you like to be able to purchase a portion of a really expensive NFT? Unless the marketplace you choose offers token fractionalization, this won’t be possible.
- Simple and Easy to Use: The marketplace should be easy to use to sell and buy NFTs, whether you’re a buyer or a seller.
- You Get the Full Picture: The marketplace should provide all the information that buyers and sellers need to make decisions, such as the number of NFTs available and the number of buys and sells.
- Best NFT Wallet: The marketplace should offer the best digital wallet option to store your NFTs. These should be convenient to use and allow you to transfer your NFTs easily.
Now that you know what to look for let’s take a look at some of the best NFT marketplaces.
NFT Marketplace List
If you’re looking for a list of top NFT platforms, we’ve got you covered.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of the best of them so you can start participating in the latest digital commerce platforms.
1. Polygon & NFTically Powered NFT Marketplace
Polygon’s online marketplace makes it easy to buy, sell, or mint your NFTs. Their marketplace has five different categories: art, utility, collectibles, trading cards and virtual worlds. If you prefer, you can also look through all options at the same time. This particular online marketplace has been available for almost a year.
2. NFT Marketplace for Sports & More | DraftKings Marketplace
DraftKings is a website dedicated to sports, so it’s no wonder that this is the primary type of NFT they offer. Whether you want to browse their regular listings or shop in their auction, be prepared for high prices on NFT sports collectibles. As of this writing, the highest price commanded via auction was $1,880.
3. CryptoPunk’s Larva Labs
As one of the original NFT marketplaces, Larva Labs created 10,000 CryptoPunks. Now, people can trade them online for an outrageous amount of money. The top-selling CryptoPunks, as of this writing, went for $23.7 million dollars. With a whole host of digital art projects, CryptoPunks first captured attention in 2018.
4. Binance NFT | Marketplace for NFTs and Mystery Boxes
Binance has one of the nicest-looking platforms for NFTs. Their sales volume proves this works, too. The average amount of daily transactions equals $42 million, with approximately 122,000 sales per day. Users on Binance can purchase and mint their NFTs. They also have the opportunity to buy Mystery Boxes that will give them a surprise NFT.
5. Solanart – Discover, Collect, and Trade NFTs
You can buy, sell and trade via this sol NFT marketplace. One of the most popular NFT collections on Solana is the Degenerate Ape Academy. To date, the trade value of Solana’s apes is $1.14 million. In other words, while Bored Ape NFTs were being stolen, the Degenerate Ape Academy was selling like crazy.
6. ZORA – The NFT Marketplace Protocol
Zora’s website is different, which you can feel as soon as you notice they have a manifesto related to buying and selling NFTs. Many of Zora’s NFTs include an image of a person, and some of them are linked to specializing in music. Zora is also working on offering a decentralized auction house experience.
7. Foundation | A Web3 Destination
If you want to create an NFT, This NFT marketplace is one you’ll want to use. In fact, Foundation does so much more than sell and buy NFTs. For instance, ti98uhe website is a web3 destination, and it invited all digital creators to get involved. Additionally, buyers are more than welcome as well. From stunning black and white photographs to overly colorful Fortune Mangos, Foundation provides unique NFTs for unique people.
8. Crypto.com | The Best Place to Buy, Sell and Pay with Cryptocurrency
Crypto invited viewers to sit back and relax with a film strip starring Matt Damon. That’s how much money they’ve invested into the crypto market and NFTs. There are several creators who have made more than $2 million via Crypto, and Loaded Lion #1969 sold for $1 million. But, intriguingly, it was only $200 a mere two days before it landed a cool million.
9. CNFT.IO | Cardano’s Biggest NFT Marketplace
Cardano’s original NFT marketplace offers several different collections. Buyers can choose between art, music, photography, gaming, collectibles and the metaverse. Additionally, people can choose to sell their NFTs via Cardano. For instance, there are several Bored Ape NFTs for sale.
10. OpenSea, the Largest NFT Marketplace
OpenSea is the world’s largest NFT marketplace, and they sell truly unique pieces. For example, they sell RTFKT Space Drip x Nike Air Force NFTs. These shoes come with the option to either hold on to your NFT or trade it in for the actual shoes. OpenSea’s many categories include art, collectibles, domain names, music, photography, sports, trading cards, utility and virtual worlds.
11. Rarible, a Community-Centric NFT Marketplace
This community marketplace allows buyers to select from a wide range of options. For example, they offer Bored Ape here, along with CryptoPunks. You can also search by four different cryptocurrencies: Ethereum, Tezos, Flow and Polygon. This makes it way easier to find anything you’d like on Rarible’s site.
12. NBA Top Shot | Next Level NBA Collectibles
If you’re a fan of sports collectibles and the NBA, this is one NFT site you won’t want to miss. NBA Top Shot sells sets, including And Then There Were Four, Hustle and Show, MVP Moves and Denied. They’re also dropping Magic Johnson’s Greatest Moments on June 7. Much like sports cards, another feature that this site has is its Starter Pack. Rip one open to discover what fun NBA moment is yours.
13. SuperRare | Collect Digital Art
Do you like digital art? If so, SuperRare is the NFT seller for you! With almost 35,000 pieces of artwork turned into NFTs, you can own a virtual piece of your favorite artist’s work for your collection. Of course, the sky’s the limit for resale value, too. For example, a piece titled Something Unusual in Blue: Visitors, sold for $512 last year. Now, due to the super rare nature of the piece, it’s on sale again for over $14.1 billion.
14. Nifty Gateway Verified Collections
Another platform for rarer pieces, Nifty Gateway, takes things to another level. They allow you to use your credit card rather than invest in cryptocurrency, which alone makes Nifty Gateway a good choice for someone testing the market. You can also buy, sell and trade via this website. You’ll also save on gas fees when you conduct business on Nifty Gateway.
15. Mintable | Create, Sell and Collect NFTs
Backed by entrepreneur Mark Cuban, Mintable is another marketplace where you can mint NFTs. In other words, if you have a creative project or something you want to sell, you can do so on Mintable. NFT collectors can mine NFTs from professionals such as musicians and photographers who wish to sell creations as digital assets. Mintable piggybacks on Zilliqa and Ethereum blockchains, and you’ll need one of them to facilitate bidding and buying. Mintable also has MetaMask integration, allowing buyers to set up digital wallets and make purchases easily.
How to Start Buying and Selling NFTs
Buying and selling NFTs may seem confusing at first, but getting these digital collectibles is really easy. Simply choose a crypto wallet and attach it to your preferred site. Then, you’ll find the piece you want and either purchase it outright or make a bid on it.
And if you are interested in how to make money with NFT, you’ll find selling it easy! Simply open your existing NFT and select the sell option to begin. Again, using blockchain technology provides you with safety. There are many different sites you can choose between, but the Ethereum network contains over 40 of them.
How to buy Disney NFT Digital Art
Disney sells their NFTs via the VeVe app. This digital artwork contains key moments from many of Disney’s most beloved properties. If you’d like to purchase some Disney NFTs, do the following:
- Make sure there are at least 60 gems in your VeVe wallet.
- Wait until the next drop time, as Disney’s NFTs tend to sell out quickly.
- Go to the Golden Moments section of Latest Drops.
- Click Buy.
- Find your new NFT under your Collection tab.
What is the Best NFT platform?
The best NFT platform is OpenSea. Although many other platforms come close, no other site features such an eclectic collection of NFTs for sale. They also get props for selling NFTs of virtual worlds and enabling everyone to buy and sell via their site. Additionally, as the first and largest marketplace for NFTs, they simply have the best collections.
More in: NFT