Congratulations on getting yourself the best work boots. But without the right work socks, even the best work shoes can be uncomfortable. The best work socks are durable, well-padded for maximum comfort, and easily wick moisture to keep your feet dry and prevent blisters from forming. Dry and comfortable feet throughout the workday play a big role in differentiating a good day at work from a bad one.
We have rounded up 10 of the best work socks to complement your work shoes.
Best Work Socks
- Top Pick: Dickies Men’s Dri-tech Moisture Control Socks
- Runner Up: Carhartt Men’s Heavyweight Crew Socks
- Best Value: Ortis Cushion Crew Socks for Men
Dickies Men’s Dri-tech Moisture Control Socks: 6 – 18 Pairs
Top Pick: The Dickies work socks are the perfect pick for hot working conditions. The socks are made of a perfect blend of cotton, spandex, and polyester which makes them durable, comfortable, and breathable. The arch compression support allows for a great fit and also keeps socks in place all day long. It is a good pick for sweaty feet too.
Dickies Men’s Dri-tech Moisture Control Socks
Carhartt Men’s Heavyweight Crew Socks: 4 Pairs
Runner Up: The Carhartt Men’s Heavyweight Crew socks are perfectly crafted with the working man in mind. These fully cushioned crew socks are made with a sweat-wicking wool blend which is also super warm, making them a perfect option for anyone that has to work outside through the cold months for brief to long periods of time.
Carhartt Men’s Heavyweight Crew Socks
Ortis Cushion Crew Socks for Men: 10 Pairs
Best Value: There are three reasons why these socks made it to this list. They are breathable thanks to the mesh ventilation design that allows for effective air circulation. The premium polyester, spandex, and cotton blend allow for a comfortable and perfect fit and they are also super durable thanks to the extra heavy cushioning and a reinforced heel and toe.
Ortis Cushion Crew Socks for Men
Wrangler Men’s Steel Toe Boot Work Socks: 4 Pairs
The Wrangler work socks are the best socks for work boots. They feature a fully cushioned foot, a great blend of ringspun cotton, and reinforced heel and toe for maximum comfort and durability. The arch support forms to the foot for optimal support, reducing any chances of foot fatigue.
Wrangler Men’s Steel Toe Boot Work Socks
Timberland PRO Men’s Quarter Socks: 6 Pairs
Now that you’ve got yourself the Timberland PRO Pit Boss Work Boot, it’s time to pair it up with these well-cushioned work socks that are also durable and super comfortable thanks to the perfect blend of polyester, cotton, and spandex. The mesh design allows for great breathability.
Timberland PRO Men’s Quarter Socks
KMM Men’s Cotton Work Socks: 10 Pairs
KMM work socks are specially designed to provide all-day comfort to heavy-duty workers. These socks are fully cushioned in high-impact areas such as the heel and ankles, reducing the impact reaching your feet. The cotton fibers and the mesh ventilation channels regulate the temperature, keeping the feet fresh all day long.
Carhartt Men’s Force Performance Work Socks: 3 Pairs
These work socks for men are certainly built with performance in mind. These socks use Carhartt’s sweat-wicking FastDry technology to keep feet dry and comfortable making them a perfect choice for heavy-duty workers. The targeted cushioning on the toes, heels, and arches provides good shock absorption and reduces friction. The enhanced heel pockets keep socks securely in place while the mesh insteps allow for great breathability.
Carhartt Men’s Force Performance Work Socks
Caterpillar Men’s Half Cushioned Crew Socks: 6 Pairs
Caterpillar is certainly well known for tough and reliable products, and these crew socks certainly live up to expectations. These work socks feature a cushioned sole and extended cushion above the heel and over the toe cap for maximum comfort.
Caterpillar Men’s Half Cushioned Crew Socks
APTYID Men’s Work Boot Socks: 4 – 6 Pairs
These work boot socks are a great pick thanks to the maximum cushioning and great elasticity that provides great comfort and fit. The heel and toe use thicker yarns for lasting durability while the ribbed arch band wraps around the midfoot for a supportive feeling. These socks will certainly keep you fresh and comfortable while working.
Fruit of the Loom All-Season Work Socks: 10 Pairs
Made of a perfect blend of cotton and polyester, these work socks are durable and super comfortable. These performance work socks fight odor, and wick moisture, and are also reinforced in high-impact areas to reduce shock. These socks are thick enough for when it is cold during winter but also highly breathable for warm weather.
Fruit of the Loom All-Season Work Socks
What to Look for When Buying Work Socks
To make it through the workday blister-free you need to find the best work socks. But before that, here are a few things to keep in mind when looking for work socks.
- Fit: The correct fit is vital for any work socks. A wrong size can cause friction that may turn into a blister. Higher quality socks will keep their elasticity for a long time.
- Fabrics: Some popular fabrics include cotton and wool, which tend to be soft, breathable, and warm. They are also great at naturally regulating temperature. Spandex allows for a snug fit while cotton is usually blended with other moisture-wicking materials to make it a suitable work sock.
- Length: Work socks for work boots are usually crew length and some go all the way to the middle of the calf. Always ensure the work socks extend past the boot to avoid uncomfortable rubbing of your boots against the ankles.
- Ribbing: Ribbed texture allows for a better fitting sock and prevents it from bunching up at the ankle which most times creates unnecessary friction.
- Stitching and Reinforcement: Double stitch is preferable as it creates a stronger seam. Also, ensure your preferred socks are reinforced and well-padded at the heel and toe to reduce impact and protect your feet from injury.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Get a New Desk Chair Up To 60% Off at Staples
- Best Commercial Beverage Dispensers in 2022
- Get a Case for Your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Best Gifts For Photographers
- Best Gifts for Crafters in 2022
More in: Small Business Essentials
After buying some Dickies t-shirts and socks, i made a decision on a pair of black Dickies calf-high socks to wear with my khaki pants. These socks are even as strong and well made as the rest I own from Dickies. they could cost some bucks more, but I’m willing to bet they’ll last.