Sidewalk signs also known as sandwich boards or a-frame signs are some of the most effective and affordable forms of advertising for a business. Sidewalk signs are close to pedestrians, and they are also just as accessible by drivers in cars, motorcycles, and bicycles.
Besides their accessibility, outdoor sidewalk signs are easy to update. Whether it is chalk, markers, pre-cut letters, or posters you can easily and quickly advertise new products and services. They are also portable; this means you can move them at a moment’s notice or even have someone carry them around.
What to Look for When Buying Sidewalk Signs
The goal of a sidewalk sign is to get the attention of everyone passing by your business. And to make sure that they can be viewed easily and can be posted and moved without too much difficulty. Moreover, this a product you can use forever, so invest accordingly with a quality sign. Here is what you should be looking out for.
- Changeable Format/Platform: Whether you are writing the ad, placing a poster, or using pre-cut letters find a sidewalk that can be changed easily.
- Dry Erase, Wet Erase and Chalk Compatible: If you get a sign where you write the ad and you change your message on a regular basis, make sure the message can be erased easily.
- Portability: Look for signs you can move easily. Look for light materials or those that have wheels if they are heavy.
- Size: Measure the available space where the sign will be posted. You don’t want to block foot traffic and inconvenience pedestrians.
- Visibility: Find the right contrast in colors so your ad can be read easily by people passing by the sign. This includes how it looks at night time.
- Durable Materials: From wood to plastic and metals, there are many options. Consider your environment year-round before choosing the material.
- Wind Resistance: If you are in a windy location, find signs designed for wind resistance so they can remain upright.
Sidewalk Signs and Sandwich Boards
Here are our picks for the best sidewalk signs to promote your brand to all the people walking or driving around your business.
Top Pick: Rustic Magnetic A-Frame Chalkboard
Runner Up: Swinging Changeable Message Sidewalk Sign
Best Value: Signicade Deluxe A-Frame Sidewalk Curb Sign
Rustic Magnetic A-Frame Chalkboard
Top Pick: As the top pick this a-frame sidewalk sign is handcrafted with Russian pine wood and comes with the highest quality Magnetic Porcelain Steel and is 100% non-porous. That means colors will pop on the board.
You get 8 Vibrant HBCY Creations Chalk Markers, 10 Universal Chalkboard Stencils, and 2 Rustic Magnets that match you’re a-frame. The company also provides a 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee.
Swinging Changeable Message Sidewalk Sign
Runner Up: With this sidewalk sign you can either use pre-cut letters or chalk markers. You can fill the legs with water or sand for more stability and start posting your ads. You get 792 letters, symbols and numbers which are reversible for use in black or red.
Made by a family-owned U.S. business that has been around for over 50 years.
Signicade Deluxe A-Frame Sidewalk Curb Sign
Best Value: This a-frame sidewalk sign delivers the best value because of its material, ease of use, and durability. Made from all-weather hard plastic you can use in and outdoors. It features quick-change lock-up hinges, stay tabs to lock in the poster, and two sand-fill holes on each side of the frame for stability.
T-SIGN Outdoor A-Frame Sidewalk Sign
With an all-metal construction, this is the ideal sidewalk sign for any weather condition. The a-frame allows for the display of two 24″W x 36″H sign boards. You can insert your own posters or write your ad on the two corrugated plastic poster boards with erasable markers.
M&T Displays Street SignPro with Lens Protective Cover
This is a patented a-board with a folding/portable design that includes wheels for easy transportation. It has a 24×36 inch double-sided display with polypropylene panels with a cover frame that keeps the panel in place. It is made of heavy weather-resistant HDPE (high-density polyethylene) so you don’t have to fill it with sand or water.
SmartSign BigBoss Pro Changeable Message Board
Made from durable thermoplastic loaded with UV inhibitors, this sidewalk sign can withstand harsh conditions. It includes a built-in latch, easy grip handle, wheels, a ballast port for water or sand, and swappable panels.
The kit gives you two white – 24″ x 36″ x 3/16″ (600 x 900 x 4mm) message boards with 7 letter tracks on both sides and one set of 314 – 4″ letters, numbers, and symbols (black letters and fed numbers).
Arteza 40×20 Inch A-Frame Chalkboard Easel Set
This is another chalkboard-a-frame sidewalk sign with a 28.9×16.1-inch writing area. It has 2 smooth, magnetic sides you can clean with an eraser or microfiber cloth. The kit includes chalk sticks, chalk markers, erasers and stencils.
Sidewalk Poster Stand with Water-Fill Base
Using a front-loading snap-open poster frame allows it to quickly replace your 24×36-inch ads. It has a water base and wheels for easy repositioning and there is also a spring support so it can move when it is windy. The frame is made from aluminum and the water-fill base is hard plastic.
Black Handcrafted Chalkboard Sign
If you want to add a touch of class to your business, this 40 x 28 inches handcrafted chalkboard sidewalk sign is the one for you. The farmhouse style with a swinging double-sided magnetic chalkboard offers a solid construction with an all wood heavy-duty sturdy base.
Tangkula A-Frame Chalkboard Sign
At 46”x26” this double-sided sidewalk chalkboard sign is waterproof and mildew resistant. The folding bracket has a heavy-duty hinge and there is groove mounting on the frame to take the board on and off. You can also write on both sides of each board.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Best Impact Drivers for a Construction Business
- Space Heaters for Your Office or Work Space
- Best Winter Coats for Men and Women at Work
- Sympathy Gifts for Clients, Co-Workers, Employees, and Your Boss
- Best Step Stools for Your Office or Business
More in: Advertising, Small Business Essentials