You don’t need to wait until Labor Day to host the next big sale for your business. Instead, you can follow the example set by mega online retailer Amazon and just create your own holiday.
Amazon will host its annual Prime Day on July 11. The company created this holiday back in 2015 to offer deals on its products and those from Amazon merchants. Amazon gained plenty of buzz (and some criticism over the quality and quantity of deals). But the day has overall been a big win. In fact, Amazon saw 100 percent growth from merchants participating in Prime Day between 2015 and 2016.
But even if your small business doesn’t sell products on Amazon, the news about Prime Day could still provide an important lesson. As pointed out earlier, Prime Day isn’t an official holiday — or even a real one. There’s no historical significance or July 11 and no official entity has ever issues a proclamation stating otherwise. It’s simply a day Amazon decided to create to offer deals and boost sales.
Create Your Own Holiday
So there’s nothing to say that your small business can’t do the same. If you’ve got a lot of extra stock or just want to boost sales quickly, creating a unique shopping holiday for your business could be a great strategy. This could allow you to offer great deals while also creating buzz around your business and potentially even creating a great tradition your customers look forward to year after year.
Crafting a Sales-Focused Celebration
Small Business Deals
Amazon’s innovative approach of establishing its own shopping holiday, Prime Day, underscores the potential for businesses to take charge of their promotional calendars. This strategy presents a valuable lesson for small businesses seeking to make a significant impact on their sales outside of traditional holidays. By crafting their own holiday, businesses can harness the power of creativity and exclusivity, capturing the attention of consumers and igniting enthusiasm.
Seizing the Opportunity for Inventive Marketing
Prime Day’s success showcases that even non-traditional holidays can serve as opportunities to generate excitement and drive sales. Small businesses need not be confined to established holiday dates. By identifying gaps in the calendar, businesses can strategically create their own events, aligning with their brand identity and audience preferences. This inventive marketing approach enables businesses to differentiate themselves, attract attention, and establish a distinct connection with their customers.
Cultivating Traditions and Customer Loyalty
Emulating Amazon’s Prime Day demonstrates that businesses can build traditions of their own, fostering a sense of anticipation and loyalty among customers. By consistently offering enticing deals and experiences on their designated holiday, businesses can create a narrative that customers eagerly participate in year after year. These personalized traditions strengthen customer relationships, drive repeat purchases, and position the business as a reliable source of value and enjoyment.
Innovating Beyond Product Sales
While Prime Day revolves around product sales, the concept of creating a custom holiday can extend beyond retail. Service-based businesses can also harness this strategy by offering special promotions, unique experiences, or exclusive content on their chosen holiday. By aligning the holiday with their industry’s interests and customer needs, service providers can carve out a distinctive niche in the market and enhance their brand’s visibility.
The success of Amazon’s Prime Day serves as a testament to the potential of businesses to take control of their promotional calendars and craft their own holidays. By doing so, they can infuse creativity, excitement, and tradition into their marketing strategies, ultimately driving sales, fostering customer loyalty, and leaving a lasting imprint in their industry.
Benefits of Creating Your Own Holiday Sale
Businesses can reap numerous advantages from establishing their own holiday sales. Here’s a breakdown of the benefits:
- Flexibility and Control: Designing your holiday means you can choose the timing, theme, and offerings that align perfectly with your business goals.
- Stand Out: A unique holiday sets your business apart from competitors and traditional sales events, grabbing attention and making a lasting impression.
- Boosted Sales: Creating excitement around your holiday can lead to increased sales, driven by the exclusive nature of the event and attractive deals.
- Customer Engagement: Building anticipation and loyalty, customers are more likely to engage with and return to your business year after year.
- Brand Identity: Crafting a holiday tailored to your brand identity reinforces your business’s values, products, and services, solidifying your place in the market.
- New Traditions: Establishing your holiday can spark annual traditions for your customers, creating a special bond between them and your brand.
- Innovation: Breaking free from traditional holidays allows you to experiment with creative marketing strategies, fostering innovation and growth.
- Data Insights: Custom holidays provide opportunities to collect valuable data about customer behavior and preferences, aiding future marketing efforts.
- Industry Leadership: Pioneering your holiday positions your business as an industry leader, demonstrating your innovation and forward-thinking approach.
- Year-Round Engagement: While most holidays are concentrated, your unique holiday can spread excitement and engagement throughout the year.
|Flexibility and Control||Design your holiday on your terms, choosing the timing, theme, and offerings that align with your business goals.|
|Stand Out||Differentiate your business from competitors and traditional sales events, leaving a lasting impression and capturing attention.|
|Boosted Sales||Generate excitement around your holiday, driving increased sales through exclusive events and appealing deals.|
|Customer Engagement||Foster anticipation and loyalty among customers, encouraging repeated engagement and returns to your business year after year.|
|Brand Identity||Craft a holiday that reflects your brand identity, reinforcing your business's values, products, and services, and establishing market presence.|
|New Traditions||Spark annual traditions for customers, creating a unique bond between them and your brand that they eagerly anticipate.|
|Innovation||Break free from traditional holiday strategies, allowing you to experiment with innovative marketing approaches, fostering growth.|
|Data Insights||Gather valuable data on customer behavior and preferences through custom holidays, aiding future marketing efforts and strategic decisions.|
|Industry Leadership||Position your business as an industry pioneer by pioneering your holiday, showcasing your innovation and forward-thinking approach.|
|Year-Round Engagement||While most holidays are concentrated, your unique holiday can spread excitement and engagement throughout the year, sustaining customer interest.|
With these benefits in mind, businesses can confidently take inspiration from Amazon’s Prime Day and create their own unforgettable sales events.
More in: Amazon, Holidays