If you are redesigning your company website to address the demands of today’s consumers and technology, there is a common pitfall you should avoid. And that is overlooking the mobile experience of your audience.
According to a study by Best SEO Companies titled, “Why Companies Are Prioritizing the Redesign of their Website,” website redesign is currently in hyperdrive. And 1 in 3 business leaders reported a poor mobile experience as one of the top issues with redesigned websites?
Mobile Experience and Redesigning Your Company Website
Considering 61% of visits to US websites in 2020 were driven by mobile devices, it is not surprising business owners want the experience to be better. And as 5G deployment continues to increase, mobile will dominate even more.
In the study more than a third or 34% identified poor mobile experience as one of many issues with their website after it was rebuilt. It is important to note this is after the site was rebuilt. For small business owners who are paying for these services, getting a clear understanding of what will take place is key to ensuring the job is done properly.
Go through the contract thoroughly and have the company go over each task with you. This way you will know what to expect before you spend your hard-earned money.
Small Business Deals
Some of the other issues the study revealed after a website was redesigned include slow website speed (56%), broken links (45%), missing pages (42%), broken e-commerce functions (38%), and several others.
The study also looked at SEO metrics for a website redesign as more small business owners are becoming more aware of the importance of SEO. Optimizing page speed and existing content, as well as analyzing the current site and taking inventory of high-performing content are issues.
Having a digital presence is crucial for a business in today’s marketplace. And the site must be fully optimized to take advantage of the technology.
In the study, the top reason for redesigning a website is to build awareness with 49% of the respondents. Driving sales (44%), increasing traffic (43%), improving customer experience (40%), and appealing to new hires (39%) round up the top five reasons.
The reasons also vary by company size, with small businesses looking to improve accessibility, drive sales, and increase traffic.
In the survey, Best SEO Companies asked 437 business owners and 367 SEO experts on the issues related to website redesign processes.
Importance of Mobile Experience in Website Redesign
In the process of redesigning your company website to cater to the demands of today’s consumers and technology, one critical aspect that must not be overlooked is the mobile experience of your audience. Here are some key points to consider when addressing the mobile experience in your website redesign:
- Mobile Dominance: With 61% of website visits in the US being driven by mobile devices in 2020, it is evident that mobile usage is on the rise and will continue to dominate as 5G deployment increases. Ignoring the mobile experience can alienate a significant portion of your audience and result in missed opportunities for engagement and conversions.
- Common Pitfalls: According to a study by Best SEO Companies, poor mobile experience was identified as one of the top issues with redesigned websites by 1 in 3 business leaders. This indicates that many companies fail to deliver a satisfactory mobile experience even after investing in a website redesign.
- Contract Clarity: To ensure a successful website redesign that includes a seamless mobile experience, it is essential to go through the contract thoroughly with the company you hire. Request a detailed breakdown of each task they will perform, especially regarding mobile optimization, so you have a clear understanding of what to expect and can hold them accountable for delivering the promised results.
- Post-Redesign Issues: The study also revealed various other issues that surfaced after website redesigns, including slow website speed, broken links, missing pages, and malfunctioning e-commerce functions. Paying attention to these factors, along with mobile experience, during the redesign process is crucial to avoid these pitfalls.
- SEO Optimization: As more small business owners recognize the importance of SEO, optimizing page speed and existing content and analyzing high-performing content are critical tasks during website redesigns. These actions can significantly impact search engine rankings and overall website performance.
- Reasons for Redesign: The study found that the top reasons for website redesign were to build awareness, drive sales, increase traffic, improve customer experience, and appeal to potential new hires. These objectives can all be better achieved when your website provides a seamless and user-friendly mobile experience.
|Mobile Dominance||61% of US website visits in 2020 were driven by mobile devices, showing the increasing dominance of mobile usage.|
|Common Pitfalls||1 in 3 business leaders reported poor mobile experience as a top issue with redesigned websites.|
|Contract Clarity||Thoroughly review the redesign contract, especially regarding mobile optimization, for a successful redesign.|
|Post-Redesign Issues||Issues like slow website speed, broken links, missing pages, and malfunctioning e-commerce functions can arise.|
|SEO Optimization||Focus on optimizing page speed, existing content, and analyzing high-performing content during the redesign.|
|Reasons for Redesign||Top reasons include building awareness, driving sales, increasing traffic, improving customer experience, and appealing to potential new hires.|
|Importance of Prioritizing Mobile Experience||Addressing mobile experience is crucial to engage and convert mobile users effectively.|
In conclusion, prioritizing the mobile experience in your company’s website redesign is vital to meet the expectations of today’s tech-savvy consumers and ensure that your business remains competitive in the digital marketplace. By addressing mobile optimization and avoiding common pitfalls, you can create a website that not only attracts more traffic but also converts visitors into loyal customers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is mobile experience important in website redesign?
Mobile usage is on the rise, with 61% of US website visits in 2020 coming from mobile devices. Neglecting mobile optimization can lead to alienating a significant portion of your audience and missed opportunities for engagement and conversions.
What was the percentage of business leaders reporting poor mobile experience after a website redesign?
In a study by Best SEO Companies, 34% of business leaders identified poor mobile experience as a top issue with their website after it was rebuilt.
How can I ensure a seamless mobile experience during website redesign?
Thoroughly review the contract with the redesign company and have them explain each task, particularly those related to mobile optimization. This way, you can understand what to expect and hold them accountable for the results.
What are some common issues that arise after website redesign?
The study revealed other post-redesign issues such as slow website speed (56%), broken links (45%), missing pages (42%), and malfunctioning e-commerce functions (38%).
How can SEO be optimized during website redesign?
To improve SEO metrics, focus on optimizing page speed, existing content, and analyzing high-performing content during the website redesign process.
What are the top reasons for website redesign?
According to the study, the top reasons for redesigning a website are to build awareness (49%), drive sales (44%), increase traffic (43%), improve customer experience (40%), and appeal to new hires (39%).
How does company size impact the reasons for website redesign?
The reasons for redesign vary by company size, with small businesses looking to improve accessibility, drive sales, and increase traffic.
How many business owners and SEO experts were surveyed in the study?
The study conducted by Best SEO Companies surveyed 437 business owners and 367 SEO experts to gather insights on website redesign processes.
What are the potential consequences of neglecting mobile experience during website redesign?
Ignoring mobile experience can lead to missed opportunities, decreased user satisfaction, and reduced conversions, ultimately hindering the success of your digital presence.
How can I create a user-friendly mobile experience during the redesign process?
Prioritize mobile optimization by focusing on responsive design, fast loading times, intuitive navigation, and a streamlined user interface to provide a positive experience for mobile users.
More in: Marketing 101