WiFi marketing works with what’s often called guest Wi-Fi. It’s where a small business offers a free connection in retail locations and other places. Then, they use that connection for marketing campaigns like promotions and messages.
WiFi marketing allows shoppers to gain access to the whole web. Or just your mobile app and online store. Some guest network sites show specific content before they grant WiFi access.
Read on to find out more about WiFi marketing solutions.
What is WiFi Marketing?
This is also free WiFi provided in a store to get contact information to build a customer profile. Customers are prompted to fill out a survey, supply an email address, or give other info.
How does WiFi marketing work?
Wifi marketing is all about making a guest WiFi hotspot an automatic marketing platform. You provide guest wifi to enhance the customer experience. In return you get analytics to build profiles and track visits. The number of visits, purchases and other metrics get included.
Small Business Deals
11 Ways WiFi Marketing Can Help Your Small Business
This tool can be a revenue-driving marketing machine. Set up a splash page to drive revenue. That’s the way to let prospects in.
Scent marketing can be controlled through WiFi marketing too. Below you’ll find other ways this tool boosts your existing customers.
1. Increases Customer Satisfaction with Free WiFi
Wifi connection guests are more apt to buy when the internet sign on is free. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have a splash page. Make it user friendly and include tabs to social media accounts. This is the gate that allows prospects in.
2. Makes Customers More Likely to Spend Money with WiFi Access
Convenience makes a big difference. Customers save on data usage. They’re likely to spend. Make your network faster than the one they pay for. It’s another way to open their wallets.
3. Collects Customer Data and Gains Valuable Insights
WiFi access points get customers engaged. A small business gets powerful marketing data and customer analytics in return. These detailed customer profiles help with marketing.
4. Kick Starts Email Marketing
Having your customers use your guest WiFi a great way to get them to opt in for email marketing. Remember to nurture your customer relationship by providing valuable content and not just product offers.
Another way this tool is miles ahead of the old phone based on hold marketing.
5. Increases Your Online Presence
Offering free WiFi to customers increases your digital footprint too. For example, restaurants can use Instagram to get more social media followers to promote specials.
6 . Increases Customer Loyalty with Free Guest WiFi
Repeat customers is the name of the game. Increase customer loyalty by setting up a loyalty program. Discounts work well.
7. Attracts More Customers to Your Business
With a physical location, you need to consider day to day traffic that comes in . And one of the benefits of offering WiFi is more foot traffic and even more sales.
8. Gets More Online Reviews (and Better Reviews!) from WiFi Users
Better digital word of mouth means less churning customers and good sales. Get guests connected quickly with a good wifi login. Then ask for a review to improve online ratings.
9. Promotes Your Brand with Targeted Ads
Relevant ads promoting your own brand are sent to phones. Online ads can target devices from shared routers. Providing internet access in your store means you can display relevant ads to laptops and tablets too.
10. Improves Customer Engagement
Local businesses need to engage at risk customers. Guest data you put together will tell you what promotional material works. And what they generally buy.
11. Offers Sell and Upsell Promotions
Up selling through your guest WiFi promotions helps to increase your sales. Try personalizing your sales recommendations through the customer information you have. Use targeted email campaigns.
|Increases Customer Satisfaction||Offering free WiFi enhances customer satisfaction, making them more likely to engage with your business.|
|Boosts Spending with WiFi Access||Customers are inclined to spend more when they have access to free WiFi and can save on data usage.|
|Collects Customer Data and Insights||WiFi access points provide valuable customer data and insights, enabling effective marketing and personalization.|
|Initiates Email Marketing||Encourage customers to opt in for email marketing by offering guest WiFi, fostering direct communication.|
|Expands Online Presence||Providing free WiFi increases your digital footprint, attracting more online followers and promoting your brand.|
|Enhances Customer Loyalty||Establish loyalty programs and offer discounts through free guest WiFi to increase customer loyalty.|
|Attracts More Foot Traffic||Offering WiFi can draw more customers to your physical location, leading to increased foot traffic and sales.|
|Generates More and Better Online Reviews||Engage guests with a seamless WiFi login and request reviews, leading to improved online ratings and reputation.|
|Promotes Your Brand with Targeted Ads||WiFi marketing allows you to send relevant brand ads to customer devices, enhancing brand promotion.|
|Improves Customer Engagement||Analyze guest data to determine effective promotional material and product preferences, improving engagement.|
|Offers Sell and Upsell Promotions||Utilize guest WiFi for upselling, personalize sales recommendations, and execute targeted email campaigns.|
How much does WiFi marketing cost?
Social WiFi is big in places like the restaurant industry. There’s lots of software to choose from. A comparison has free trials. And prices ranging from $25 per month up to over $4,ooo.
How to Get Started with WiFi Marketing
There’s more to getting started with marketing WiFi than throwing together a splash page and some video ads. Here’s the steps involved.
- Choose a credible ISP.
- Choose a plan that offers the most bandwidth and speed at an affordable price.
- Set up your network with a secure password. Don’t forget encryption.
- Alert your customers with some kind of digital signage
WiFi Marketing Software
Choosing the right WiFi marketing automation platform is next. Look for software that helps with marketing campaigns. Products that can automate surveys are good. Look for features like exportable marketing lists too.
This is the WiFi marketing platform that offers excellent features like guest dwell time. It’s a good way to find new customers.
This tool helps restaurants, coffee shops and bars turn their guest Wi-Fi into analytics they can use. Small businesses can take advantage of webinars and live online training.
Use an existing Facebook WiFi network to get started here. Other social media logins like Instagram shares your biz profile, target ads as you gain customer insights.
Create a wifi network where the visitor numbers are counted and monitored. That prevents overcrowding and increases customer loyalty.
This guest WiFi solution is used by names like Hewlett-Packard and Subway. Brick-and-mortar locations can track the average number of customers who visit their store daily. Get detailed wifi analytics and mobile coupons.
You’ll get automated email marketing campaigns asking guests for a rating after their first visit. This tool automatically increases your followers on social media.
This guest WiFi tool doesn’t interrupt browsing with ads. Create banners to keep customers coming in from templates. Or you can create your own.
This guest WiFi is designed for restaurants. Patrons in these brick and mortar businesses go a page and enter their info. A notification asks them to publish a review.
They get free WiFi and your business gets data on their habits.
How to Choose the Right WiFi Marketing Software
Selecting the appropriate WiFi marketing software is crucial to effectively harnessing this marketing tool. Here are steps to guide you in choosing the right software:
- Evaluate Your Needs: Identify your specific marketing needs and objectives, whether it’s collecting customer data, promoting your brand, or improving customer engagement.
- Consider Automation: Look for software that offers automation features for marketing campaigns and surveys. Automation streamlines processes and saves time.
- Exportable Lists: Ensure that the software allows you to export marketing lists, which can be valuable for targeted marketing efforts.
- Guest Dwell Time: Some platforms offer features like guest dwell time, providing insights into customer behavior and preferences.
- Trial Period: Many WiFi marketing software providers offer free trials. Take advantage of these trials to test the software’s features and suitability for your business.
|Evaluate Your Needs||Identify your specific marketing needs and objectives, whether it's data collection, brand promotion, or engagement improvement.|
|Automation Features||Look for software with automation capabilities for marketing campaigns and surveys to streamline processes and save time.|
|Exportable Lists||Ensure the software allows you to export marketing lists, enabling targeted marketing efforts and personalized outreach.|
|Guest Dwell Time||Some platforms offer guest dwell time features, providing valuable insights into customer behavior and preferences.|
|Trial Period||Take advantage of free trial periods offered by many WiFi marketing software providers to assess suitability and features.|
Key Considerations When Implementing WiFi Marketing
While WiFi marketing offers numerous benefits, it’s essential to consider certain factors before implementing it in your business. Here are key considerations to keep in mind:
- Privacy and Data Security: Ensure that you comply with data privacy regulations such as GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) or CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act). Safeguard customer data and clearly communicate your data usage policies.
- Network Reliability: A stable and fast WiFi network is crucial for providing a positive customer experience. Invest in a reliable internet service provider (ISP) and sufficient bandwidth to prevent connectivity issues.
- User Experience: Design a user-friendly splash page and login process to ensure a seamless experience for customers. Complicated or time-consuming logins can deter users.
- Content Relevance: Tailor your marketing content to match your target audience’s interests and preferences. Irrelevant ads or messages may annoy customers.
- Consent and Opt-In: Always obtain explicit consent from customers before collecting their data or sending marketing materials. Implement clear opt-in mechanisms to respect customer preferences.
- Staff Training: Train your staff to assist customers with WiFi access and address any related questions. They should also be aware of your marketing initiatives and how they benefit the business and customers.
- Monitoring and Analytics: Regularly monitor the performance of your WiFi marketing campaigns. Analyze customer data to refine your strategies and improve customer engagement.
- Integration: Ensure that your WiFi marketing platform integrates with your other marketing tools and systems, such as customer relationship management (CRM) software and email marketing platforms.
- Feedback Mechanism: Provide customers with a way to provide feedback on their WiFi experience. Use this feedback to make improvements and address any issues promptly.
- Compliance with Regulations: Stay updated on evolving regulations related to WiFi marketing and data privacy. Adapt your practices to remain compliant with legal requirements.
WiFi marketing has emerged as a powerful tool for businesses, offering a wide range of benefits and opportunities to enhance customer engagement, drive revenue, and gather valuable insights. By providing free WiFi access to customers and leveraging it for marketing campaigns, businesses can create a win-win scenario where customers enjoy added convenience while the business gains access to valuable data and promotional opportunities.
Some key takeaways from the discussion on WiFi marketing include:
- Enhanced Customer Satisfaction: Free WiFi access in business establishments, accompanied by user-friendly splash pages, can significantly increase customer satisfaction and encourage longer stays.
- Data Collection and Analytics: WiFi marketing enables businesses to collect customer data and gain insights into their behavior, preferences, and demographics. This information can inform targeted marketing efforts and improve overall strategies.
- Email Marketing and Engagement: Through WiFi login procedures, businesses can encourage customers to opt in for email marketing, facilitating direct communication and engagement.
- Brand Promotion: WiFi marketing allows businesses to promote their brand through targeted ads and content, increasing online visibility and customer engagement.
- Customer Loyalty: Implementing loyalty programs and offering discounts through WiFi access can enhance customer loyalty and drive repeat business.
- Increased Foot Traffic: Free WiFi can attract more customers to physical locations, increasing foot traffic and potentially boosting sales.
- Online Reviews: Encouraging customers to leave reviews while using free WiFi can improve online ratings and attract more potential customers.
- Personalization and Upselling: Businesses can use WiFi marketing data to personalize sales recommendations and upsell products or services, increasing revenue.
While WiFi marketing offers numerous advantages, businesses must also consider factors such as data privacy, network reliability, and compliance with regulations. Prioritizing the user experience and obtaining customer consent for data collection are essential elements of successful WiFi marketing strategies.