Payroll Vault has been named a top franchise by Franchise Business Review Magazine in its 2020 report. The payroll company is 2020’s Top 50 Franchise for Women by the magazine.
It is also ranked at the top of the list of franchises in the financial and tax category Top Franchises for Women Report. Setting itself among the leading franchise companies in the marketplace for the highest levels of satisfaction and performance among their franchisees.
Payroll Vault received the accolade among the 307 franchise brands, representing nearly 7,796 female franchise owners. The owners participated in Franchise Business Review’s research on the Top Franchises for Women.
Payroll is also in the Top 3 Outsourced Business Services. Over 90% of the business is in the small business category. Established in 2008, Payroll Vault has been franchising since 2012. Today it has 52 franchises across the US and Canada. The company helps to provide administrative solutions that include managing operations, sales and management.
To operate a Payroll Vault franchise, you need an initial investment of between $42,950 – $70,569. The fees are a $400 minimum per month or 6%.
One of the selling points for this franchise is, Payroll Vault offices are up and running 90 days after training. The monthly fee goes to support the payroll software, franchisee’s website, monthly email newsletter for drip marketing, CRM software, and SEO fee for internet optimization.
Small Business Deals
“It’s exciting to see so many women entering into the franchising industry and even more so, the Payroll Vault brand. They are flourishing in their local business communities as strong leaders,” stated Tricia Petteys, C0-founder of Payroll Vault.
Perks of Franchising
In a franchising arrangement, the franchisor licenses its brand and operating system to a franchisee in exchange for a franchise fee and royalty.
Buying a franchise can be a rewarding business venture as it helps you start a business with limited financial risks. With franchising, you can start a business on a budget as well as benefit from a complete franchise package that includes support, advice and guidance from the franchisor.
Franchising allows those trying to go into entrepreneurship without having to risk making common mistakes of start-up businesses. When it comes to financing banks are more comfortable funding the purchase of a franchise than supporting a business with no track record. Today franchising offers unlimited entry across all industries that include education, finance, food and retail, hospitality, car rentals and others.
Choosing the Right Franchise Business for Women: Our Methodology
To guide you in this exciting decision-making process, we’ve established a set of criteria that any woman considering a franchise should consider. We’ve ranked these criteria on a scale of importance, using a 1-5 rating scale, with 5 being the highest importance and 1 being the lowest:
- Passion Alignment (5/5): The franchise should align with your passions and interests, making it a business you’re enthusiastic about running.
- Proven Success (5/5): Look for franchises with a track record of success, including a strong history of profitability and satisfied franchisees.
- Training and Support (4/5): Adequate training and ongoing support from the franchisor are essential for your success, especially if you’re new to the industry.
- Flexibility (4/5): Consider franchises that offer flexibility in terms of working hours and location, allowing you to balance business ownership with other responsibilities.
- Financial Viability (5/5): Assess the financial requirements, including the initial investment and ongoing fees, to ensure they align with your budget and financial goals.
- Market Demand (4/5): Research the demand for the product or service in your target location, as well as the competition in the area.
- Franchisee Satisfaction (4/5): Reach out to current franchisees to gauge their satisfaction and get insights into the day-to-day operations.
- Brand Reputation (5/5): A strong and reputable brand can give you a competitive edge and attract customers more easily.
- Community and Networking (3/5): Consider franchises that offer opportunities for networking and support from a community of fellow franchisees.
- Work-Life Balance (3/5): Evaluate the work-life balance that the franchise model allows, as this can significantly impact your quality of life.
Franchises for Women
Running a franchise provides both the opportunity to pursue a career and financial security. Running a franchise requires a serious investment of time. But it does allow owners to structure their time with greater flexibility than a traditional job.
The relative ease to buy and operate franchises has seen more women owning their own business. In the past 24 months, 41% of the new franchises launched across America have been by women. This follows a trend spanning the past ten years where there has been a 24% increase in women-owned franchise businesses. While women solely own 26% of the franchises, a further 9% have at least one female partner in the ownership group.
“The number of franchise opportunities can be overwhelming, so it’s critical to examine feedback from other female franchise owners on how well the franchise meets their expectations in terms of support, work/life balance, financial opportunity, and other key areas of business ownership”, said Michelle Rowan, President and COO of Franchise Business Review.
This year the franchises are based on 33 benchmark questions. The Franchisee Satisfaction Index (FSI) includes factors such as leadership, training and support, financial opportunity, and work/life balance. Personal questions concerning their business lifestyle and overall enjoyment of running their franchise were also part of the index.
According to Franchise Business review the brands on this year’s list are all excellent options for women looking to make the transition to owning and operating their own business.
The Perks of Franchising: Your Path to Entrepreneurship
Franchising offers a unique avenue for aspiring entrepreneurs, providing a structured framework to start and operate a business with numerous benefits. Here are some of the perks of franchising that make it an appealing choice:
- Lower Financial Risk: Franchising allows you to start a business with reduced financial risks compared to launching a new independent venture. The established brand and proven business model increase your chances of success.
- Budget-Friendly: Starting a franchise often requires a more manageable initial investment compared to creating a business from scratch. Franchise packages typically include essential support, advice, and guidance from the franchisor.
- Guidance and Support: Franchisors provide comprehensive support, including training, operational assistance, marketing strategies, and ongoing guidance. This support can be invaluable, especially if you’re new to entrepreneurship.
- Avoiding Common Start-up Mistakes: Franchising provides a structured roadmap, helping you avoid common mistakes made by new businesses. You can leverage the franchisor’s experience to navigate potential challenges.
- Easier Financing: Banks and lenders are more inclined to fund franchise purchases due to the established track record and lower risk associated with recognized brands.
- Industry Variety: Franchising offers opportunities in various industries, from education and finance to food, retail, hospitality, and more. You can choose a franchise that aligns with your interests and goals.
- Community and Networking: Many franchises foster a sense of community among franchisees, providing opportunities for networking, shared experiences, and mutual support.
- Proven Business Model: Franchises come with a tested and proven business model, including established processes and systems that contribute to your success.
- Flexibility: While running a franchise requires dedication and hard work, it often offers more flexibility in terms of managing your time compared to traditional employment.
|Lower Financial Risk
|Franchising reduces financial risks by leveraging an established brand and proven business model.
|Increased chance of business success, Lower risk of financial loss
|Starting a franchise requires a manageable initial investment, often including crucial support and guidance.
|Affordable entry into entrepreneurship, Access to essential franchisor assistance
|Guidance and Support
|Franchisors offer comprehensive support, including training, operational guidance, and marketing strategies.
|Accelerated learning curve, Minimized chances of costly errors
|Avoiding Common Start-up Mistakes
|Franchising provides a structured roadmap, helping you avoid common pitfalls encountered by new businesses.
|Reduced likelihood of critical mistakes, Faster progress towards profitability
|Recognized franchise brands make it easier to secure funding from banks and lenders due to lower associated risk.
|Improved access to financial resources, Greater ease in securing loans
|Franchising offers opportunities across diverse industries, allowing you to choose a business that aligns with your interests.
|Flexibility to pursue a passion, Expansive range of business options
|Community and Networking
|Many franchises foster a sense of community among franchisees, providing networking opportunities and mutual support.
|Access to a supportive network, Shared experiences and insights
|Proven Business Model
|Franchises come with a tried-and-tested business model, including established processes and systems.
|Higher likelihood of profitability, Streamlined operations
|While dedication is required, franchising often allows greater flexibility in managing your time compared to traditional employment.
|Work-life balance, Control over your schedule
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What recognition has Payroll Vault received in the franchising industry?
Payroll Vault was named a top franchise by Franchise Business Review Magazine in its 2020 report. It earned the title of “2020’s Top 50 Franchise for Women” and was ranked at the top of the list in the financial and tax category for Top Franchises for Women.
How many female franchise owners are associated with Payroll Vault?
Payroll Vault received recognition among 307 franchise brands, representing nearly 7,796 female franchise owners who participated in Franchise Business Review’s research on the Top Franchises for Women.
What types of services does Payroll Vault offer?
Payroll Vault provides administrative solutions, including managing operations, sales, and management, with a focus on payroll services.
What is the initial investment required to operate a Payroll Vault franchise?
To operate a Payroll Vault franchise, an initial investment ranging from $42,950 to $70,569 is required.
What does the monthly fee for a Payroll Vault franchise cover?
The monthly fee for a Payroll Vault franchise supports various aspects, including payroll software, franchisee’s website, monthly email newsletter for drip marketing, CRM software, and SEO fee for internet optimization.
How quickly can a Payroll Vault franchise be up and running?
One of the selling points of Payroll Vault is that its offices can be up and running within 90 days after training.
What types of support and guidance do franchisors typically offer?
Franchisors provide comprehensive support, including training, operational assistance, marketing strategies, and ongoing guidance to franchisees.
Why is franchising considered a lower financial risk compared to starting an independent venture?
Franchising reduces financial risks due to the established brand, proven business model, and support from the franchisor, increasing the chances of success.
How can I evaluate whether a franchise aligns with my interests and goals?
Consider factors such as passion alignment, proven success, financial viability, market demand, franchisee satisfaction, brand reputation, community and networking opportunities, flexibility, and work-life balance.
Why are banks more comfortable funding franchise purchases?
Banks are more inclined to fund franchise purchases because of the established track record and lower risk associated with recognized franchise brands.
What industries can I explore through franchising?
Franchising offers opportunities across various industries, including education, finance, food, retail, hospitality, and more, allowing you to choose a business that aligns with your interests and goals.
What is the trend in women-owned franchise businesses?
Over the past ten years, there has been a 24% increase in women-owned franchise businesses. In the past 24 months, 41% of new franchises launched in the United States have been owned by women.
What criteria were used to evaluate franchises for women, and how were they ranked?
Franchise Business Review used criteria such as passion alignment, proven success, training and support, flexibility, financial viability, market demand, franchisee satisfaction, brand reputation, community and networking, and work-life balance. These criteria were ranked on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest importance.
What is the Franchisee Satisfaction Index (FSI), and how does it contribute to franchise rankings?
The Franchisee Satisfaction Index includes factors such as leadership, training and support, financial opportunity, and work/life balance. It plays a significant role in determining franchise rankings.
Are franchises a good option for women looking to own and operate their businesses?
Yes, franchises offer a rewarding business venture for women, providing opportunities for entrepreneurship with established support systems and proven models for success.
Where can I find more information about franchises and franchising opportunities?
For detailed information about franchises and available opportunities, you can visit franchisor websites, industry publications, and consult with franchise experts.
More in: Franchise Opportunities, Women Entrepreneurs