If you’re looking for a business with a lot of opportunity and growth potential, you might want to consider a commercial cleaning franchise. With our list of cleaning services franchise opportunities to choose from, you’re sure to find one that fits your interests and abilities.
And with the right preparation and marketing, you can turn your cleaning services franchise into a successful business. Let’s get into this article about franchise opportunities in the cleaning industry.
What is a Cleaning Franchise?
A cleaning franchise operates under a business model where the franchisee provides cleaning services using the branding, methods, and systems of an established cleaning company – the franchisor.
These franchises often cater to a wide range of clients, including commercial establishments, offices, and sometimes residential homes. The scope of services can be extensive, encompassing carpet cleaning, window washing, pressure washing, and general cleaning tasks.
Many cleaning franchises also diversify their offerings with additional services like janitorial work, floor care, and even security services, broadening their market appeal.
- READ MORE: 10 Dry Cleaning Franchises
The Commercial Cleaning Services Industry Today
The cleaning industry is on a trajectory of consistent growth, with projections indicating significant market expansion. By 2025, the residential cleaning market alone is expected to reach around $40.3 billion, while the global commercial cleaning market is set to hit approximately $468.2 billion by 2027.
Small Business Deals
This growth is fueled by increasing awareness of hygiene and cleanliness, particularly in the wake of public health concerns, and the ongoing need for regular cleaning services in commercial and residential settings.
Why You Should Consider a Franchise Cleaning Business
Here are five reasons why you should start a business from our list of commercial cleaning franchises:
- High-demand service. This industry is always growing and is expected to be worth almost half a trillion dollars in the not-so-distant future.
- Lower barrier to entry. Starting a service-based business in cleaning is a low-cost investment compared to other businesses.
- You have many options. You can choose from a variety of services to offer, so you can tailor your business to your interests and abilities.
- The sky is the limit. With the right preparation and marketing, you can make your franchise a successful cleaning business.
- You call the shots. With your own franchise business, you’ll have the opportunity to be your own boss and have a flexible schedule.
Our Methodology: How We Chose the Best Cleaning Franchise
In guiding potential franchisees toward making informed decisions about investing in cleaning franchises, we employ a specific set of criteria. These criteria are designed to assess the viability, market demand, and operational aspects of cleaning franchise opportunities. Each criterion is rated on a scale from 1 to 5, where 1 indicates the least importance and 5 the highest importance in our review process:
- Brand Recognition and Market Reputation
- Importance: 5
- We assess the strength of the franchise’s brand and its reputation in the market. A well-established brand can provide a competitive advantage and customer trust.
- Initial Investment and Franchise Fees
- Importance: 4
- The cost of starting the franchise, including initial fees and required equipment or supplies, is a key factor. Affordable start-up costs can make the franchise more accessible.
- Training and Support from the Franchisor
- Importance: 5
- The extent and quality of training, ongoing support, and resources provided by the franchisor are crucial for the successful operation and growth of the franchise.
- Market Demand and Growth Potential
- Importance: 5
- We analyze the current and projected demand for cleaning services in the target market. High demand and growth potential are indicative of a lucrative opportunity.
- Operational Efficiency and Technology Integration
- Importance: 4
- Efficient operational systems, including the use of modern cleaning technologies and effective management practices, are important for profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Marketing and Customer Acquisition Support
- Importance: 4
- The franchisor’s support in marketing and customer acquisition strategies, including local advertising and digital marketing, is essential for building a customer base.
- Environmental Compliance and Green Practices
- Importance: 3
- With increasing environmental awareness, franchises that offer eco-friendly cleaning solutions and adhere to environmental regulations can have a competitive edge.
- Scalability and Expansion Opportunities
- Importance: 3
- The potential for scaling the business, including expanding services or territory, is an important consideration for long-term growth.
- Compliance with Regulations and Standards
- Importance: 4
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety standards and industry regulations is critical for the lawful and ethical operation of the franchise.
- Profitability and Return on Investment
- Importance: 5
- The potential profitability and return on investment, considering factors like operating costs, pricing strategies, and market competition, are key to the financial success of the franchise.
By applying these criteria, our aim is to guide potential franchisees toward cleaning franchise opportunities that offer not only a viable business model but also align with market trends and operational best practices.
Top Cleaning Franchises
Let’s jump into our list of the top cleaning franchise opportunities for you to consider in 2022:
1. Anago Cleaning Systems
The Anago Cleaning Systems franchise opportunity seems like a great investment thanks to high profit potential and a solid reputation. The initial investment range is between $219,000 and $339,000, with a 5% royalty fee on gross revenue and an initial subfranchise fee of $98,000.
2. Stratus Building Solutions
The Stratus Building Solutions franchise opportunity costs will vary depending on the region you choose to purchase the franchise in, the type of franchise you choose to invest in, as well as the population of that region. These franchises often focus on commercial cleaning, which has high market demand and potential for large profit margins. Your investment costs fall somewhere between $3,450 and $1,113,000.
3. Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning
The Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning franchise opportunity looks like a solid investment thanks to high market demand and quality support from the company. The initial franchise fee is $41,900, and the flat, monthly royalty fee is only $395. Additionally, the National Advertising and Technology Fee is a reasonable 3% of sales per month, with a $150 per month minimum. The Scheduling Center fee is also very reasonable at only $15.00 per completed job.
This franchise opportunity from Chem-Dry focuses on specialized cleaning services that are highly in demand and profitable. The brand has an initial franchise fee of $23,500. The estimated total initial investment ranges from $67,645 to $179,000.
5. Merry Maids
If you’re looking for a cleaning franchise opportunity for home cleaning services, then the Merry Maids franchise could be a good option thanks to solid brand recognition and support. With an initial franchise fee of $37,500 to $51,500 and an estimated total initial investment of $89,616 to $125,023, it’s a relatively affordable option.
6. College HUNKS Hauling Junk & Moving
Junk hauling is a segment of the cleaning industry with high market demand and profit potential. To get started with a franchise with this brand, your total investment will be between $158,700 and $288,500. This includes the franchise fee of at least $45,000 to $65,000. You’ll also need to have $75,000 in liquid capital (cash, home equity, sellable assets, 401(k) or IRAs, etc.) and a net worth of $200,000.
7. Vanguard Cleaning Systems
The initial franchise fee for Vanguard Cleaning Systems is relatively low, starting at about $5,000, but can go as high as $350,000 for a Master Franchise. The estimated total initial investment also depends on the type of franchise you buy and your area of operation.
The PuroClean franchise opportunity looks like a great investment for those interested in the cleaning industry. With an initial franchise fee of $50,000 and an estimated total initial investment of $71,190 to $99,305, PuroClean appears to be a reasonably priced option.
The Jan-Pro franchise opportunity looks like a solid investment for those interested in starting their own green cleaning services business. There is a wide range of initial franchise fees, from $1,000 to $20,000, and estimated total initial investments range from $1,000 to $768,000.
10. ServiceMaster Clean
The ServiceMaster Clean franchise opportunity has an initial franchise fee that is relatively low starting at $31,500. The estimated total initial investment is also not too bad starting at $86,500.
- READ MORE: See our Franchise Guide
Comparison of Top Cleaning Franchise Opportunities
Selecting the right cleaning franchise can be a challenging decision. To assist you, we’ve compiled a comparison table that outlines key details of each franchise mentioned in our list. This table will help you quickly compare franchise fees, initial investment ranges, and unique attributes of these top cleaning franchises.
|Initial Franchise Fee
|Initial Investment Range
|Anago Cleaning Systems
|$219,000 - $339,000
|5% royalty fee on gross revenue
|Stratus Building Solutions
|$3,450 - $1,113,000
|Costs vary by region and franchise type
|Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning
|Flat monthly royalty fee, affordable advertising fee
|$67,645 - $179,000
|Focuses on carpet cleaning
|$37,500 - $51,500
|$89,616 - $125,023
|Home cleaning services
|College HUNKS Hauling Junk
|$45,000 - $65,000
|$158,700 - $288,500
|Includes hauling/junk removal services
|Vanguard Cleaning Systems
|$5,000 - $350,000
|Master Franchise options available
|$71,190 - $99,305
|Offers a range of cleaning services
|$1,000 - $20,000
|$1,000 - $768,000
|Green cleaning services
|Starting at $86,500
|Established brand with a broad service range
How to Choose the Best Franchise to Set Up Your Commercial Cleaning Business
Selecting the right franchise for your commercial cleaning business involves careful consideration of several factors:
- Consider the Start-Up Costs: Assess the initial investment required for the franchise. It’s important to choose an option that aligns with your financial capacity. A lower investment reduces initial risk and can be particularly appealing for first-time franchise owners.
- Look at the Training and Support Provided: The level of training and support offered by the franchisor is crucial. As a franchisee, having access to comprehensive training programs and ongoing support can significantly impact the success and smooth operation of your business.
- Check the Reviews: Research and read reviews from current and former franchisees. This can provide insights into the franchise’s reputation, operational challenges, and the actual experience of running a franchise under their banner.
- Talk to the Franchisor: Direct communication with the franchisor can offer valuable insights. Use this opportunity to ask detailed questions about their business model, expectations, and the support system. This conversation can also help gauge whether their business philosophy aligns with your own.
Taking these steps will help ensure you choose a franchise that not only fits your budget and goals but also has a proven track record of success and offers the necessary support to help you thrive in the cleaning industry.
How Much Does It Cost to Open a Cleaning Business Franchise?
Opening a commercial cleaning business can cost anywhere from about $3,500 to over $1 million. This includes the initial franchise fee. The cost really depends on whether the business comes with vehicles, a location, advanced equipment, etc.
Are Cleaning Franchises Profitable?
They most certainly can be, but this will depend on many factors such as the cleaning franchise brand, how well you run the business, your location, etc. Marketing your business well is essential to making it profitable.
Can You Make Money with a Carpet Cleaning Franchise?
Yes, you can make money with a carpet cleaning franchise. Carpet cleaning is a service that is always in demand and will continue to be so in the future. If you offer quality services and market your business well, you can certainly make a profit cleaning carpets with this business model.
Image: Envato Elements
More in: Franchise Opportunities