99designs is one of the original contest-based logo design platforms. They are considered the world’s largest online graphic design marketplace. Designers from all over the world are a part of the 99designs community and they compete in design contests launched by customers.
Small business owners can launch contests on everything from logo designs to website designs, packaging designs, posters, presentations and just about everything in between.
Top 3 99designs Features
- Only pay for the winning design. Nothing is more frustrating than paying for something you don’t like and 99designs eliminates the risk by only charging clients for their winning choice.
- Polling your audience. If you’re not sure which design you like or you’d like to enroll your customers and community in helping you choose a winning design, the 99designs polling feature is a great tool. Simply create a poll and share the link on email or social media and watch the results and comments come in.
- Project management assistance. If you’re looking for additional support, you can choose their platinum level to get access to the best designers as well as a dedicated manager who will help you through the process and give you advice on how to get the best design.
- Overwhelming choices. The design contests will deliver many choices very quickly and it can get overwhelming. 99designs recommends that customers rate incoming designs daily and provide feedback to designers to make sure that you get exactly what you want.
- Templates can be cumbersome. Designers will deliver graphics and templates, but it can get cumbersome using the templates across platforms like PowerPoint or Canva.
99designs is Best For
- Startup businesses. 99design is an affordable way to create a brand for your entire business.
- Businesses with no design department. An existing business that doesn’t want or need a full-time designer can outsource to 99designs and form ongoing relationships with one or several designers and pay them through the 99designs platform.